Musee Regards De Provence, Marseille
About Musee Regards De Provence, Marseille
Musee Regards De Provence, Marseille - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Allée Regards de Provence avenue Vaudoyer, 13002 Marseille, France
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 484 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This historic building was built in the 1948 to serve as a sanitary station. Visitors and immigrants coming in by land or air or sea would first have to pass through here to make sure they weren't carrying diseases. That would be vaccinated. The building fell into disuse for nearly 40 years, and was occupied by squatters until recently being reclaimed.
Now it serves as a museum of Provencal art. The 900 artworks here were either created in or are about Provence. The first and ground floors are given over to exciting temporary exhibitions. The website for current or upcoming exhibitions.
Check out the Memoire de la station sanitaire (Memories of the Sanitary Station) steampunk light and sound show in the erstwhile steamroom.
Musee Regards De Provence Information
- Check out the bookshop.
- Disabled accessible.
- Guided tours for groups of 6 to 30 people must be reserved in advance.
Musee Regards De Provence Ticket Prices
- Special exhibitions may carry their own ticket prices.
- The English guided tour cost the entrance fee plus 9 Euros per person. (EUR 6 for French).
- Free guided tour in French at 10 am on Saturday.
- Temporary exhibitions:
EUR 5.50 for seniors, groups of 10+
EUR 2 for unemployed
Musee Regards De Provence Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission at 5:30 pm.
How To reach Musee Regards De Provence by Public Transport
- Subway N 1: Stop Vieux-Port/Hotel de Ville
- Subway N 2: Stop Joliette
- Tramway T2: Stop Republique/Dames or Joliette
- Bus: Line n° 82 and n° 82 s (Spot Littoral Major or Fort Saint Jean) - night line 582
- Bus: Line n° 60 (Stop Littoral Major or Fort Saint Jean)
- Bus: Line n° 49 (Stopt Église Saint-Laurent, Littoral Major or Fort Saint - Jean/Capitainerie)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee Regards De Provence, Marseille Reviews - Write a Review
This is a nice to visit in Marseille. Enjoy the walk around an lunch at the restaurant in the roof.
Nice building and location.
Nice view when sun is set
Nice but nothing speacial
Small, but interesting
- Nearby Attractions
- Citadines Prado Chanot Marseille
- Astronef (l')
- Trinite-la Pelud Church
- Grand Port Maritime De Marseille
- Prado Castellane
- Maison Diamantee
- Hippodrome De Pont De Vivaux
- Kayak Attitude
- Vacances Bleues
- Le Maregraphe
- Marseille Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Marseille
- What to See in 48 Hours in Marseille
- What to See in 72 Hours in Marseille
- How to Spend 5 Days in Marseille
- How to Spend 6 Days in Marseille
- How to Spend 7 Days in Marseille