Palaisand Parc Longchamp, Marseille
About Palaisand Parc Longchamp, Marseille
Palaisand Parc Longchamp, Marseille - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Boulevard Jardin Zoologique, 13004 Marseille, France
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Art Gallery, Park, Play Ground, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This grand Marseille monument houses two institutions: the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Natural History Museum. It also hosts a botanical garden. The garden used to be a zoo in the 19th century, and buildings from that time still survive. There are many places to picnic and a number of playgrounds. The people of the city frequently escape to this park for some respite from the summer heat. Behind the palace there is an observatory – it contains Foucault's enormous historic telescope - once the largest in the world - dating from 1864.
The museum of natural history in the left wing of the palace here is dedicated to prehistory and evolution, skulls and skeletons, the animals and plants of Provence, and a room full of about 300 stuffed animals.
In the right wing of this palace is the Museum of fine arts which houses an excellent collection of European and Provencal paintings.
In July, the famous Marseille Jazz des Cinq Continents festival is held here.
Palaisand Parc Longchamp Information
- Most of the signage and instructions in the natural history Museum are in French.
- There are a lot of steps going up the Museum of Fine Arts.
Palaisand Parc Longchamp Ticket Prices
The Natural History Museum:
- EUR 8 for adults.
- Free until 1:00 PM on Sunday.
- Free for under age of 18.
The Museum of Fine Arts:
- Free entry on the first Sunday of every month.
- Free for under age of 18.
No entry fee for garden.
Palaisand Parc Longchamp Opening and Closing Hours
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Closed on Monday (except Easter Monday), January 1, May 1, November 1, December 25 and 26.
How To reach Palaisand Parc Longchamp by Public Transport
- Metro line 1 stop: Cinq Avenues Longchamp
- Tram line 2 stop: Cinq Avenues Longchamp
- Bus 81 stop: Cinq Avenues Longchamp
Restaurants Near Palaisand Parc Longchamp
- Le Square Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palaisand Parc Longchamp, Marseille Reviews - Write a Review
The front palace and fountains is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in France. And then, behind it is the zoo. Originally a real zoo, the animals have been replaced with brightly colored statutes. It is a nice place to walk around. Highly recommended.
We made the mistake of coming early in the morning, before the museums were open, and there wasn't much to do. The main structure is cool and the park has some interesting sculptures, but it's not the best of Marseilles. It definitely seems like it's better to go after 10am, when the art and natural history museums are open.
This park is beautiful, but it would be stunningly beautiful if not for the maintenance/repair work currently taking place.
Visited on 12.08.2017. The park is great but there was no water running on the cascades. I don't think that they will fix it by the end of this year.
This park and palace were incredibly pretty and a great picture point. The graffitti detracted from the experience warranting 4 instead of 5 stars.
- Nearby Attractions
- Musee D' Art Contemporain
- Villa Mediterranee
- Cours Julien And Place Jean Jaures
- Plages Du Prado
- Marseille Opera
- Jardin De La Magalone
- Marseille Ferris Wheel
- Place De Lenche
- Rue Saint Ferreol
- Memorial De La Marseillaise
- Marseille Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Marseille
- What to See in 48 Hours in Marseille
- What to See in 72 Hours in Marseille
- How to Spend 5 Days in Marseille
- How to Spend 6 Days in Marseille
- How to Spend 7 Days in Marseille