Palaisand Parc Longchamp295 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Boulevard Jardin Zoologique, 13004 Marseille, France Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-491552551
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
This grand Marseille monument houses two institutions: the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Natural History Museum. It also hosts a botanical garden. The garden used to be a zoo in the 19th century, and buildings from that time still survive. There are many places to picnic and a number of playgrounds. The people of the city frequently escape to this park for some respite from the summer heat. Behind the palace there is an observatory – it contains Foucault's enormous historic telescope - once the largest in the world - dating from 1864.
The museum of natural history in the left wing of the palace here is dedicated to prehistory and evolution, skulls and skeletons, the animals and plants of Provence, and a room full of about 300 stuffed animals.
In the right wing of this palace is the Museum of fine arts which houses an excellent collection of European and Provencal paintings.
In July, the famous Marseille Jazz des Cinq Continents festival is held here.
Palaisand Parc Longchamp Travel Tips
- Most of the signage and instructions in the natural history Museum are in French.
- There are a lot of steps going up the Museum of Fine Arts.
Entrance Ticket Details For Palaisand Parc Longchamp
The Natural History Museum:
- EUR 8 for adults.
- Free until 1:00 PM on Sunday.
- Free for under age of 18.
The Museum of Fine Arts:
- Free entry on the first Sunday of every month.
- Free for under age of 18.
No entry fee for garden.
Palaisand Parc Longchamp Hours
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Closed on Monday (except Easter Monday), January 1, May 1, November 1, December 25 and 26.
How to Reach Palaisand Parc Longchamp
- Metro line 1 stop: Cinq Avenues Longchamp
- Tram line 2 stop: Cinq Avenues Longchamp
- Bus 81 stop: Cinq Avenues Longchamp
- Le Square Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Palaisand Parc Longchamp Address: Boulevard Jardin Zoologique, 13004 Marseille, France
- Palaisand Parc Longchamp Contact Number: +33-491552551
- Palaisand Parc Longchamp Timing: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Palaisand Parc Longchamp Price: 5 EUR
- Best time to visit Palaisand Parc Longchamp(preferred time): 11:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Palaisand Parc Longchamp: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
11.47% of people who visit Marseille include Palaisand Parc Longchamp in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
75% of people start their Palaisand Parc Longchamp visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Palaisand Parc Longchamp
92.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palaisand Parc Longchamp
People normally club together Place Aux Huiles and Musee D'histoire De Marseille while planning their visit to Palaisand Parc Longchamp.