Parc National Des Calanques, Marseille
About Parc National Des Calanques, Marseille
Parc National Des Calanques, Marseille - Address, Phone Number
Address: Bât A4, Parc Valad, Impasse Paradou, 13009 Marseille, France
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 4.7K times in trip plans
National Park, Trail, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This National Park is basically a treasure chest of some of the best features of the Mediterranean Coast. It is spread over a huge area covering the mountain range stretching from Marseille to Cassis. But the majority of the park stretches out into the Mediterranean. Here's a quick break down of what to expect:
- Soubeyranes cliffs: These are some of the highest sea cliffs in Europe and the view from the bluff tops are unending and incredible
- Frioul archipelago: Though these islands have played a major historical role in the development of Marseille by serving as a quarantine and Military area. Today they attract tourists. They are home do some beautiful flora and fauna
- Riou archipelago: You can only view these uninhabited islands from far away. They are a protected area with hundreds of species of plants and a huge variety of nesting birds, some of which are endangered.
- Planier Light: This Lighthouse is actually the fifth one to be built on the site. The first one was built in the eighteenth century. It is the only lighthouse on the French Mediterranean Coastline to be registered as a protected historical monument.
- Ile Verte: This wooded Island had a military strategic role in the past. Visitors can still see the ruins of a bombed-out fort on the island.
- The park has a huge biodiversity of Flora and Fauna with thousands of species, many of them protected or endangered. This includes the species of plants and animals in the water.
- There are hundreds of miles of trails in the park. Other activities include boating, camping, cycling, rock climbing.
- There are two ways to reach the column of the park. Some of them can be reached by hiking over land. But most of them must be reached by boat.
Visit France Itinerary 2 Weeks for an unforgettable France travel experience
Parc National Des Calanques Information
- Read the extensive list of do's and don'ts and safety tips and tricks on the Park website.
Parc National Des Calanques Ticket Prices
- Free entry
Parc National Des Calanques Opening and Closing Hours
- The Park trails are closed in July and August due to the risk of fire.
How To reach Parc National Des Calanques by Public Transport
- The various highlights of the park can be reached by bus, my car, by boat or simply by walking. It really depends on where you want to go.
- Be aware that private vehicles may have a hard time navigating the roads.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
Parc National Des Calanques, Marseille Reviews - Write a Review
Really beautiful and free parking but can be difficult if you don't have a map because there are no signs just coloured lines here and there.
It is nice. Boat ride recommended tho if not good hikers.
Amazing trekking and beaches at Marseille city limits. Gorgeous. Difficulty level 3/5. Ask for a trail map at Marseille Tourism Board at the Cannebière Ave (Subway Vieux Port). Enjoy.
Loved this national park. Such a specialplace. Offers a bit of something for everyone. Hiking climbing swimming. Views are sensational.
Beautiful place! Awesome! Great view! Unique landscape
- Nearby Attractions
- Calanque De Morgiou
- Calanque De Port Pin
- Calanque De Port Miou
- Le Mole Passedat - Mucem
- 7 Boulevard De La Liberté
- Cci Marseille Provence (ccimp)
- Cercle Des Nageurs De Marseille
- Santons Marcel Carbonel ©
- Vieux Port
- Marseille Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Marseille
- What to See in 48 Hours in Marseille
- What to See in 72 Hours in Marseille
- How to Spend 5 Days in Marseille
- How to Spend 6 Days in Marseille
- How to Spend 7 Days in Marseille