Stade Velodrome, Marseille
About Stade Velodrome, Marseille
Stade Velodrome, Marseille - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 3 Boulevard Michelet, 13008 Marseille, France
Ticket Price: 13 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Added 3K times in trip plans
Sport, Stadium, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This huge stadium was built in the 1930s, particularly for hosting the 1938 World Cup. It has a seating capacity for almost 70,000 people. Though indoor cycling and running events used to be held here once upon a time, now it is used almost exclusively for football. The Office of Tourism and Congress of Marseille organises guided tours of the stadium that will take you to usually off-limits areas such as the dressing rooms, the press room, stands, the panoramic lounge, and players’ tunnel. If you get the chance to attend a match, then it is definitely an experience that you should not miss out upon!
Stade Velodrome Information
- Check the extensive FAQ and do's and don’ts on the stadium website.
Stade Velodrome Ticket Prices
- Prices depend on the event. Usually tickets cost somewhere between 22 to 50 euros.
- Guided Tours: Family rate (2 adults + 2 children): 35€; EUR 13 for adults; EUR 8 for kids and disabled.
Stade Velodrome Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided tours of the stadium last 75 minutes.
- Olympique de Marseille’s official shop: Monday to Saturday from 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Ticket office: Monday - Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Actual stadium hours depend on the event. Hours given here are not match hours.
How To reach Stade Velodrome by Public Transport
- Subway M2 stop Rond-Point du Prado
- Buses 21, 22, 22S, 521 stop Michelet Huveaune
- Buses 73 stop Teisseire Palais des Sports
- Buses 23, 44, 45 stop Teisseire Palais des Sports
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
Stade Velodrome, Marseille Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing stadium for a concert ! Went for Soprano. Good service but too big so not practical to get in into 1 single big door.
Did the tour, nice staff. Impressive stadium. Must see. Love the way they honor their history, many famous French players.
Very modern huge stadium. Watched the Tour de France stage here and thought the seat style was better than old Traffords as the seats don't flip up and you can step over from row to row alot easier. Loved the modern design of the place.
Sponsor-heavy (Orange?!), But great piece of architecture!
Nice but is blocking the town centre at each evant
- Nearby Attractions
- Hôtel Carré Vieux Port Marseille
- Mercure Marseille Centre Vieux Port Hotel
- Montempô Marseille Centre Euromed
- Les 3 Palmes
- Le Prado
- La Porte De L'orient - Monument Aux Armees D'afrique
- Skatepark Du Prado
- Pathe Madeleine
- Marche Aux Puces
- Hillsong Marseille - Connect Est
- Marseille Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Marseille
- What to See in 48 Hours in Marseille
- What to See in 72 Hours in Marseille
- How to Spend 5 Days in Marseille
- How to Spend 6 Days in Marseille
- How to Spend 7 Days in Marseille