- Address: 3 Boulevard Michelet, 13008 Marseille, France
- Phone: +33-892700840
- Ticket Price: 13 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Sport, Stadium, Family And Kids
Stade Velodrome - Review
This huge stadium was built in the 1930s, particularly for hosting the 1938 World Cup. It has a seating capacity for almost 70,000 people. Though indoor cycling and running events used to be held here once upon a time, now it is used almost exclusively for football. The Office of Tourism and Congress of Marseille organises guided tours of the stadium that will take you to usually off-limits areas such as the dressing rooms, the press room, stands, the panoramic lounge, and players’ tunnel. If you get the chance to attend a match, then it is definitely an experience that you should not miss out upon!
Stade Velodrome Information
- Check the extensive FAQ and do's and don’ts on the stadium website.
Stade Velodrome Ticket Prices
- Prices depend on the event. Usually tickets cost somewhere between 22 to 50 euros.
- Guided Tours: Family rate (2 adults + 2 children): 35€; EUR 13 for adults; EUR 8 for kids and disabled.
Stade Velodrome Hours
- Guided tours of the stadium last 75 minutes.
- Olympique de Marseille’s official shop: Monday to Saturday from 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Ticket office: Monday - Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Actual stadium hours depend on the event. Hours given here are not match hours.
How To reach Stade Velodrome by Public Transport
- Subway M2 stop Rond-Point du Prado
- Buses 21, 22, 22S, 521 stop Michelet Huveaune
- Buses 73 stop Teisseire Palais des Sports
- Buses 23, 44, 45 stop Teisseire Palais des Sports
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Stade Velodrome
28.15% of people who visit Marseille include Stade Velodrome in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
32.28% of people start their Stade Velodrome visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Stade Velodrome
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stade Velodrome
Stade Velodrome Trips
Stade Velodrome, Marseille Reviews
Great place I've been inside for concert, movie summer time... Its great lots of exits so everyone can quickly get out close to metro and shopping center
I was staying in hotel at vieux port, get bus 83 in square, drops you 2 min walk from stadium, shopping centre and metro beside stadium, better photo opportunities on match day. Beautiful area.
The Rolling Stones... Excellent acoustics and a fabulous atmosphere. One of the best Stones shows ever.
Wasnt allowed to go in, I was told I can't go in because I don't hv ticket, no information was given to us regarding where to get tickets from - the guard who stop us didn't speak English, very disappointing for such big club. I hv travelled from far to see this but left with disappointment. Further more I felt the security guard ignored me at all, but spoke to other people who asked him questions, I m not the one to pull the resist card, but I really felt uncomfortable to be there ☹☹☹
Wonderful stadium! Nice lighting during the night! Picture taken during Euro Cup 2016 - France vs Albania.