Stade Velodrome497 Votes
- Address: 3 Boulevard Michelet, 13008 Marseille, France
- Phone: +33-413646464
- Ticket Price: 13 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Stadium, Family And Kids
This huge stadium was built in the 1930s, particularly for hosting the 1938 World Cup. It has a seating capacity for almost 70,000 people. Though indoor cycling and running events used to be held here once upon a time, now it is used almost exclusively for football. The Office of Tourism and Congress of Marseille organises guided tours of the stadium that will take you to usually off-limits areas such as the dressing rooms, the press room, stands, the panoramic lounge, and players’ tunnel. If you get the chance to attend a match, then it is definitely an experience that you should not miss out upon!
Stade Velodrome Travel Tips
- Check the extensive FAQ and do's and don’ts on the stadium website.
Entrance Ticket Details For Stade Velodrome
- Prices depend on the event. Usually tickets cost somewhere between 22 to 50 euros.
- Guided Tours: Family rate (2 adults + 2 children): 35€; EUR 13 for adults; EUR 8 for kids and disabled.
Stade Velodrome Hours
- Guided tours of the stadium last 75 minutes.
- Olympique de Marseille’s official shop: Monday to Saturday from 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Ticket office: Monday - Friday: 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Actual stadium hours depend on the event. Hours given here are not match hours.
How to Reach Stade Velodrome
- Subway M2 stop Rond-Point du Prado
- Buses 21, 22, 22S, 521 stop Michelet Huveaune
- Buses 73 stop Teisseire Palais des Sports
- Buses 23, 44, 45 stop Teisseire Palais des Sports
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Marseille before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Marseille and book an accommodation of your choice.
22.9% of people who visit Marseille include Stade Velodrome in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
32.28% of people start their Stade Velodrome visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Stade Velodrome
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stade Velodrome