How to Reach Matheran - The Easiest Way to Reach Matheran
- By Air: There are no direct flights to Matheran. Mumbai is the nearest airport from the airport, you can either take a bus or a rental cab to get to the town.
- By Rail: The best to reach Matheran by rail is to take a train to Neral from Mumbai or Pune, and then hop onto the famous toy train from here to Matheran.
- By Bus: There are many bus service operators private and state run that have regular buses to Matheran.
- On Foot: The best and the only way to get around is on foot as no vehicles are allowed in the town. Other options to explore the town is to hire a man pulled rickshaw or on a horseback ride.
Are you looking for a Matheran travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Matheran
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Matheran. The most preferred mode of transport in Matheran is Car.
Average distance: 18.71 km Average time: 44.14 min
Car 55.56%Driving 32 min Walking 0.2 min Overall average time for 16.2 kms 32.2 min
Train/Metro 11.11%Train 40 min Bus 25 min Tram 15 min Walking 10 min Waiting 10 min Other 10 min Overall average time for 35 kms 110 min
Bus/Trolleybus 11.11%Bus 25 min Walking 8 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 38 min
How to Reach Matheran from Nearby Cities
|Aamby Valley to Matheran||18.52 km||18 mins|
|Navi Mumbai to Matheran||26.87 km||26 mins|
|Mumbai to Matheran||92.74 km||1 hour 45 mins|
- How to reach Khandala
- How to reach Lonavala
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Alibag
- How to reach Pune
- How to reach Nasik
- How to reach Mahabaleshwar
- How to reach Shirdi
- How to reach Daman
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Jaipur