How to Reach Matheran
The Easiest Way to Reach Matheran
- By Air: There are no direct flights to Matheran. Mumbai is the nearest airport from the airport, you can either take a bus or a rental cab to get to the town.
- By Rail: The best to reach Matheran by rail is to take a train to Neral from Mumbai or Pune, and then hop onto the famous toy train from here to Matheran.
- By Bus: There are many bus service operators private and state run that have regular buses to Matheran.
- On Foot: The best and the only way to get around is on foot as no vehicles are allowed in the town. Other options to explore the town is to hire a man pulled rickshaw or on a horseback ride.
Modes of Transportation in Matheran
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Matheran. The most preferred mode of transport in Matheran is Car.
Average distance: 19.33 km Average time: 46.5 min
Car 50%Driving 32.5 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 16.5 kms 32.75 min
Train/Metro 12.5%Train 40 min Bus 25 min Tram 15 min Walking 10 min Waiting 10 min Other 10 min Overall average time for 35 kms 110 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.5%Bus 25 min Walking 8 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 38 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Lansdowne
- How To Reach Munnar
- How To Reach Coimbatore
- How To Reach Arambol
- How To Reach Havelock Island
- How To Reach Alleppey
- How To Reach Sagar
- How To Reach Jammu
- How To Reach Ranthambore National Park
- How To Reach Daman
- Cities Near Matheran
- How To Reach Agra
- How To Reach Leh
- How To Reach Mumbai
- How To Reach Delhi
- How To Reach Amritsar
- How To Reach Chennai
- How To Reach Jaipur
- How To Reach Panaji
- How To Reach Varanasi
- How To Reach Mount Abu