Visit Maui - Best of Maui
Maui is one the 7 main islands that make up Hawaii. With forest reserves and some lovely scenic roads and highways, this island is a perfect destination if you are looking for a calm and soothing vacation. What is amazing about this Island is the variety of activities which are available and are perfect for people who like the feeling of an adrenaline rush.
Whale Watching, swimming with tortoises, every coastal part of Maui has a hoard of activities to choose from. Paddling and surfing are not leisure activities here, they are a very prominent feature of the lifestyle of Maui. This island is known for its love for animals and has a lot of initiatives to save marine life. That is probably the reason why you get to see marine life here in a completely different light. The Pacific Whale foundation has been successful in creating awareness regarding the conservation of these depleting animals.
The road to Hana is considered to be one of the most scenic highways in the World. It is so beautiful that, this one particular drive would not seem tiring to you at all and in the end would just end up being more rejuvenating for the beautiful views and all that it has to offer.
When you go to Maui, you can include the following in your itinerary- Kapalua, Lahaina, Haleakala National Park, Wailea-Makena, Kaanapali, West Maui forest Reserve, Maalaea, Koolau forest reserve, Nahiku, Hana, Kaupo, Makawao, Waihee-Waiehu, Kahului , Paia, Wailuku, Napili and Pukalani. So why not go take a dive with the whales and some beautiful marine life while enjoying the serenity of your surroundings!
Maui Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Maui tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone UTC-10:00
- Currency: Hawaii’s currency is the U.S. dollar. You can exchange currency at Kahului Airport (OGG), at the other major neighbor island airports, and at resort destinations.
- Electricity and Internet: Internet access is readily available in Hawaii. Electricity in the U.S. is 120 volts (120 v) at 60 cycles (60 Hz) per second. If your device does not accept this voltage, you may need to purchase a voltage converter.
- Languages: Hawai'i is also the only American state to have two official languages, Hawaiian and English. However, a 3rd unofficial language is also widely spoken, Pidgin which is a slang combining words from many aspects of island life and culture.
- Avoid walking on desolate dark streets or park at night; take care of your valuables.
- The area code for the state of Hawaii is (808).
- Maui Visitors Bureau: (808) 525-MAUI (6284)
- Kahului Airport Visitor Information: (808) 872-3893
- Marriage License and Civil Unions: (808) 586-4545
- Hospitals: Maui Memorial Medical Center: (808) 244-9056
- Hana Community Health Center: (808) 248-8294
- You can surf or paddle your way through. Ferry rides is also a common sight.
- You can also take cruises and explore the waters of Maui in a different manner altogether.
- If you are hiring a taxi via online, the fare comes at a much lower rate as compare to the ones waiting on the street. Hiring these road side taxis might make you pay €25 for a short trip.
- U.S. standards on tipping apply: Restaurants: 15-20%. Check to see if “gratuity” is included for large parties.
- Bar: $.50-$1 US per drink.
- Housekeeping: $1 US per bed, per night.
- Luggage porters: $1 US per bag.
- Doorman: $1 US for calling a taxi.
- Room Service: 10-15% of the total bill.
- Taxi: 15% of fare.
- Check-in baggage is limited to 2 per person.
- Carry-on baggage is limited to one piece, along with one personal item such as notebook computer bags, purses, briefcases, cameras, etc.
- Be careful not to have overweight baggage; U.S. weight restrictions when flying domestically are 50 pounds, 70 pounds when flying internationally. The flight from the continental U.S. to Hawaii is a domestic flight.
- Hang identification tag on your baggage and affix an identifying label on your laptop.
- When departing from Hawaii, all baggage must first pass through Agriculture Quarantine before proceeding to the airline counter for check-in. It is best not to bring fruit or other plants, unless you show proof that you are allowed to export them. Without proof, fruits, vegetables and plants will not clear Customs and will be confiscated.
Are you looking for a Maui travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Maui Tourist Information
Maui Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Maui
Small-Group Road to Hana Luxury Tour and Helicopter Flight72 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
Discover Maui's famous Road to Hana from the ground and from the sky! On this small-group luxury tour, relax on the drive to ...Book Now
Save 6%Haleakala Maui Sunrise Tour with Breakfast310 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Witness the dawn of a new day on a Haleakala Sunrise Tour. Standing at the top of majestic Mt. Haleakala, renowned for its st...
Save 7%Maui Sunset Dinner Cruise139 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Snuggle up with your partner and soak up the best views of the West Maui Mountains on a romantic Maui dinner cruise. After wa...
Save 7%Lanai Island Dolphin and Snorkel Cruise from Maui41 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
Leave Maui behind on a four-hour trip to the quieter island of Lanai, where youll have a snorkeling adventure at the calm and...
Popular Hotels in MauiView all Hotels in Maui
More about Maui
Best Hawaiian Islands for HoneymoonWondering where to go in Hawaii for honeymoon? Here's a list of the best Hawaiian islands that are perfect for a romantic honeymoon!
- Kihei Tourism
- Wailea-makena Tourism
- Haleakala National Park Tourism
- Lahaina Tourism
- Kapalua Tourism
- Kualapu‘u Tourism
- Kailua-kona Tourism
- Honolulu Tourism
- Hilo Tourism
- Kaaawa Tourism
- Volcano Tourism
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- San Jose Tourism
- Saint Louis Tourism
Facts and Stats for Maui*
Living in Maui - Quality of Life
Cost of Living Index 84.17 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 100 (Very High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 6.89 (Low)
Purchasing Power Index 102.31 (High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Maui
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Maui
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.13 USD
International Movie per seat 12 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 31.67 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 95 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 36.67 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.