Waianapanapa State Park2252 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hana Hwy. near mile marker 32, Hana, Maui,HI, United States
- Phone: +1-8089848109
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Camp, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Bird Watching
This state park is a wild, remote volcanic coastline offering a break from the humdrum of the urban life. Picnicking , camping, lodging, shore fishing and family hiking alongside Anold coastal trail of Hawaii on the way to Hana are some excellent features of this park. Moreover you can gaze at anchialine pools and see various sea bird colonies. Then there is a very old cave, a religious temple, a small black sand beach and sea stacks along with blow holes.
Additionally to get to the caves, lava tubes and blow holes around the park, you can take some additional trails. The best part about these caves is that they are filled with freshwater which can be found floating on top of the sea water. Waianapanapa literally means “glistening fresh water” in the Hawaiian language which is in reference to nearby sparkling pools and fresh water streams. The whole experience here is simply magical! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Maui Itinerary 2 Days.
Waianapanapa State Park Travel Tips
- Camping is available at this state park but you will need to purchase a permit.
- Online CABIN reservations must be made at least 3 days prior to check-in date.
Entrance Ticket Details For Waianapanapa State Park
- Fees start at $12 per campsite per night.
Waianapanapa State Park Hours
- Please check the website for further information on bookings.
How to Reach Waianapanapa State Park
- Rent a car or drive to Hana.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Maui before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Maui and book an accommodation of your choice.
56.65% of people who visit Maui include Waianapanapa State Park in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
41.61% of people start their Waianapanapa State Park visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Waianapanapa State Park
89.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Waianapanapa State Park