Clyne Gardens

4.840 Votes Currently Open
  • Address: 120 A4067, Mayals, Swansea SA3 5BD, UK, United Kingdom
  • Phone: +44-1792401737
  • Tags: Garden, Family And Kids

Overview of Clyne Gardens

Clyne Gardens was built and maintained by the Vivian family after Glynn Vivian bought the Clyne Castle in 1860. It was inherited by his nephew, Algernon, in 1921. He was the major contributor to the landscaping and maintaining of the garden, a result of his brilliant efforts is what we see today. The 19-hectare garden is basically a botanical garden, with around 2000 different species of plants. The collection also includes 800 types of rhododendrons, for which the garden is famous. Algernon also built a small cottage at the sea-facing entrance, for the educational purpose of his daughters. They were taught to cook, read and write. The cottage was also used for relaxation purposes by the family. Enjoy a walk in this garden, visit the various places within it, explore their history, and enjoy nature in full-bloom.

More about Mayals

Want to plan a DIY trip? Use Mayals trip planner for the same.

You can add cozy hotels in Mayals like Devon View Guesthouse Swansea, Windsor Lodge Hotel, The Grand Hotel and Holiday Inn Express Swansea East.

Explore the best Mayals vacation packages that will take to you important landmarks of the city! For getting in, check out how to reach Mayals.

How to Reach Clyne Gardens

  • Buses 14, 14A, 37, 114 to stop- Clyne Drive

Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mayals before you plan your trip.

Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mayals and book an accommodation of your choice.

  • Clyne Gardens Address: 120 A4067, Mayals, Swansea SA3 5BD, UK, United Kingdom
  • Clyne Gardens Contact Number: +44-1792401737
  • Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
Are you associated with this business? Get in Touch

Clyne Gardens Reviews & Ratings

Clyne gardens
  • Is there parking and is there an entry fee?

    Answer Report Abuse