The trek to Triund is a thrilling yet soothing experience! The trek starts from the Dharamkot which is around 2 kilometres from McLeod Ganj. The trek is very exciting and the path is full of uneven rocks. The Triund trek is a must do for trekkers.
Depending on your pace, the trek can be completed within 4-5 hours. People usually prefer trekking during the day time. However, the more adventurous souls have been known to conquer the Triund trek at night! If you prefer to go at night, tents and sleeping bags are available at the top.
- Carry warm clothing, water bottles and a torch with you.
- Avoid trekking in harsh weather conditions.
- Littering is a punishable offense.
- Once at the top, tent and sleeping bags will cost you approximately Rs.800.
- There are around 3 snack shacks along the way to the top and one shack at the top. One can buy tea, coffee, biscuits and maggi over there.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Mcleod Ganj before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mcleod Ganj and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Mcleod Ganj include Triund in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
46.59% of people start their Triund visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Triund
94.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Triund