The Tsuglagkhang Complex is the official residence of the 14th Dalai Lama. He has been staying here since his exile from China. Within the complex are the Photang (Dalai Lama's residence), the Tibet Museum, the Tsuglagkhang Temple and Namgyal Gompa.
This complex is a major tourist attraction for visitors to McLeod Ganj. This is also a pilgrimage site for Tibetan exiles. Pilgrims visit for a circumambulation around the complex, spinning the prayer wheels as they walk.
Tsuglagkhang Travel Tips
- Photography within the complex is allowed. However, photography not permitted inside the temple.
- The complex is a functioning temple and residence. Please show respect by keeping your voices low and don’t interfere with actual worshipers.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tsuglagkhang
- Entrance to the complex is free. Entrance to Tibet Museum is Rs.5
- Tibet Museum Timings 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Museum is closed on Mondays and 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month.
How to Reach Tsuglagkhang
- McLeod Ganj Bus stop
- Hotel Akash
- Eateries are present around the market area.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mcleod Ganj before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mcleod Ganj and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.42% of people who visit Mcleod Ganj include Tsuglagkhang in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40.48% of people start their Tsuglagkhang visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Tsuglagkhang
92.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tsuglagkhang