How to Reach Medellin - The Easiest Way to Reach Medellin
HOW TO GET TO MEDELLIN
- By Air: Medellin doesn't have an international airport terminal of its own and the closest international airport is at Rionegro - José María Córdova International Airport. From there you have non-stop international and domestic flights connecting to the major destinations like New York, San Salvador, Panama City, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Bogota, Cali, and Santa Marta. To reach the city from the international airport in Rionegro you have options like shared cabs, and buses and the best way to travel is by getting on one of the buses marked with 'Aeropuerto' on the front. There is also a local domestic airport Olaya Herrera that helps in regional and domestic transports. But the airport operates only between 6am to 6pm.
- By Bus: If you want to reach the city of Medellin by bus, then you have to either get down at the north terminal or the south terminal. While the north terminal is connected to the Caribe metro station, the south terminal is located closer to the domestic airport Olaya Herrera.
- By Car: Medellin is well-connected by roads on all its sides and as a result, it can be reached from all the four directions with ease.
HOW TO GET AROUND MEDELLIN
- By Metro: Medellin has 2 Metro lines, 4 Metrocable lines, 1 Electric Streetcar line, and 2 Metroplus Bus line to help you commute within the city. Download the official app of Metro de Medellin to help you with the timings and the other essential information regarding the metro transport.
- By Bus: Medellin has plenty of bus routes within the city making it a convenient means of transportation. Apart from the regular buses, there are also Turibuses, which covers all the major attractions inside the city for a significantly higher price.
- By Taxi: Taxis in Medellin are very cheap and helps in traveling between two destinations easier. Regarding the fare, all the taxis in Medellin run on meter and make sure you note the number of the taxi before boarding to ensure safety.
- By Car: Car rentals in Medellin are easily available and hiring a car can help you explore the city better.
Are you looking for a Medellin travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Medellin
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Medellin. The most preferred mode of transport in Medellin is Car.
Average distance: 12.45 km Average time: 38.79 min
Car 38.46%Driving 34 min Walking 0.82 min Waiting 0.3 min Overall average time for 19.54 kms 35.12 min
Bus/Trolleybus 19.23%Bus 25 min Walking 6 min Waiting 3 min Train 0.6 min Overall average time for 8.41 kms 34.6 min
Walking 26.92%Walking 32.86 min Driving 14 min Bus 2.14 min Waiting 0.71 min Overall average time for 6.29 kms 49.71 min
Train/Metro 3.85%Train 20 min Overall average time for 5 kms 20 min
How to Reach Medellin from Nearby Cities
|Medellín to Medellin||1.72 km||3 mins|
|Pereira to Medellin||156.46 km||35 mins|
- How to reach Santa Fe De Antioquia
- How to reach Santa Fé De Antioquia
- How to reach Pereira
- How to reach Armenia
- How to reach Cundinamarea
- How to reach Colombia
- How to reach Intimo - Bogotá
- How to reach Bogota
- How to reach Guarin
- How to reach Barranquilla
- How to reach San Gil
- How to reach Santa Marta
- How to reach Barichara
- How to reach Pijao