How to Reach Medellin, Colombia
The Easiest Way to Reach Medellin
HOW TO GET TO MEDELLIN
- By Air: Medellin doesn't have an international airport terminal of its own and the closest international airport is at Rionegro - José María Córdova International Airport. From there you have non-stop international and domestic flights connecting to the major destinations like New York, San Salvador, Panama City, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Bogota, Cali, and Santa Marta. To reach the city from the international airport in Rionegro you have options like shared cabs, and buses and the best way to travel is by getting on one of the buses marked with 'Aeropuerto' on the front. There is also a local domestic airport Olaya Herrera that helps in regional and domestic transports. But the airport operates only between 6am to 6pm.
- By Bus: If you want to reach the city of Medellin by bus, then you have to either get down at the north terminal or the south terminal. While the north terminal is connected to the Caribe metro station, the south terminal is located closer to the domestic airport Olaya Herrera.
- By Car: Medellin is well-connected by roads on all its sides and as a result, it can be reached from all the four directions with ease.
HOW TO GET AROUND MEDELLIN
- By Metro: Medellin has 2 Metro lines, 4 Metrocable lines, 1 Electric Streetcar line, and 2 Metroplus Bus line to help you commute within the city. Download the official app of Metro de Medellin to help you with the timings and the other essential information regarding the metro transport.
- By Bus: Medellin has plenty of bus routes within the city making it a convenient means of transportation. Apart from the regular buses, there are also Turibuses, which covers all the major attractions inside the city for a significantly higher price.
- By Taxi: Taxis in Medellin are very cheap and helps in traveling between two destinations easier. Regarding the fare, all the taxis in Medellin run on meter and make sure you note the number of the taxi before boarding to ensure safety.
- By Car: Car rentals in Medellin are easily available and hiring a car can help you explore the city better.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Medellin and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Medellin
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Medellin. The most preferred mode of transport in Medellin is Walking.
Average distance: 11.3 km Average time: 42.26 min
Walking 27.27%Walking 30.83 min Driving 8.83 min Bus 2.5 min Waiting 0.83 min Overall average time for 4.83 kms 43 min
Bus/Trolleybus 22.73%Bus 25 min Walking 6 min Waiting 3 min Train 0.6 min Overall average time for 8.41 kms 34.6 min
Car 27.27%Driving 34.17 min Walking 1.17 min Waiting 0.5 min Overall average time for 17.43 kms 35.83 min
Train/Metro 9.09%Train 70 min Waiting 6 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 19.5 kms 78.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Medellin
- How to reach Santa Fe De Antioquia
- How to reach Barrancabermeja
- How to reach Arusi
- How to reach Villa De Leyva
- How to reach Bogota
- How to reach Barichara
- How to reach San Gil
- How to reach Mongolia
- How to Reach Top Cities in Colombia
- How to reach Barranquilla
- How to reach Santa Marta
- How to reach Estados Unidos
- How to reach Costarica
- How to reach Jericó
- How to reach Anganoy
- How to reach Bucaramanga
- How to reach Monteria
- How to reach Giron
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Banaganapalli
- How to reach Meersburg
- How to reach Chomu