Jardin Botanico De MedellinCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: Cl. 73 #51d14, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia, Medellin
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +57-44445500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Spread across 14 hectares, the Jardin Botanico de Medellin is home to 1,000 species of plants and flowers. The on-ground butterfly house, library, cactus garden and the gorgeous pond- all come together to offer a perfect place to spend a sunny afternoon!
The architectural pieces that you can see around the garden, are the highlight. Don’t forget to click photos at the Orchideorama that consists of a wooden mesh that collects water and provides shade for the garden’s colorful orchids.
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Wearing sunscreen will help.
- Admission to the place is Free.
Restaurant hours in situ:
- Breakfast by appointment: Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 10:00 am; Sunday and holidays 9.00 am to 11.00 pm.
- Picnics in the garden: Monday to Sunday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Lunch: Monday to Friday from 12.00 pm to 3.00 pm; Saturday from 12 pm to 3:30 pm; Sunday and public holidays 12.00 pm – 4.00 pm.
- Dinner: Tuesday to Saturday from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm when the kitchen is closed, can stay in the restaurant until 11.00 pm.
- By Metro: Universidad
- By Bus: Cra. 53 con Cll. 73
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Medellin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Medellin and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.44% of people who visit Medellin include Jardin Botanico De Medellin in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
35.17% of people start their Jardin Botanico De Medellin visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Jardin Botanico De Medellin
75.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jardin Botanico De Medellin
The exhibits were absolutely amazing but the rest was not anything special. This is best for couples or families with kids. It was difficult to figure out where you were on the map because the signage was not very effective. There was a LOT of vendors, which was interesting but I feel like it was more vendor oriented than actual gardens.
It is a beautiful place to be surrounded by nature and you really can get in a meditative state yet it is good to go in the mornings as it can get noisy later. Good to take photos if your into gymnastics and yoga.
A Paradise in the City. What a beautiful place to walk, relax and take in the sights and sounds. And it is all in the heart of the city of Medellin. The park is free which makes the experience even more wonderful. We saw swans, ducks and at least four enormous iguanas here. The park even has an old converted rail car that has been converted into a snack bar! Spend one or two hours here and you won't regret it.
A natural place into the city where u can take a rest o just enjoy the environment
Nice place, free entrance. Good idea to visit. Commercial centre and metro station nearby