Jardin Botanico De Medellin, MedellinCurrently Closed
- Address: Cl. 73 #51d14, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia, Medellin
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +57-44445500
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
About Jardin Botanico De Medellin, Medellin
Spread across 14 hectares, the Jardin Botanico de Medellin is home to 1,000 species of plants and flowers. The on-ground butterfly house, library, cactus garden and the gorgeous pond- all come together to offer a perfect place to spend a sunny afternoon!
The architectural pieces that you can see around the garden, are the highlight. Don’t forget to click photos at the Orchideorama that consists of a wooden mesh that collects water and provides shade for the garden’s colorful orchids.
Jardin Botanico De Medellin Information
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Wearing sunscreen will help.
Jardin Botanico De Medellin Ticket Prices
- Admission to the place is Free.
Jardin Botanico De Medellin Opening and Closing Hours
Restaurant hours in situ:
- Breakfast by appointment: Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 10:00 am; Sunday and holidays 9.00 am to 11.00 pm.
- Picnics in the garden: Monday to Sunday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Lunch: Monday to Friday from 12.00 pm to 3.00 pm; Saturday from 12 pm to 3:30 pm; Sunday and public holidays 12.00 pm – 4.00 pm.
- Dinner: Tuesday to Saturday from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm when the kitchen is closed, can stay in the restaurant until 11.00 pm.
How To reach Jardin Botanico De Medellin by Public Transport
- By Metro: Universidad
- By Bus: Cra. 53 con Cll. 73
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Medellin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Medellin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jardin Botanico De Medellin
95% of people who visit Medellin include Jardin Botanico De Medellin in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
38.22% of people start their Jardin Botanico De Medellin visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Jardin Botanico De Medellin
90.01% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jardin Botanico De Medellin
Jardin Botanico De Medellin, Medellin Reviews
It's worth a trip to this garden if only to escape the commotion of the city for an hour. The restaurants are delicious and accessible. The one near the entrance has sit-down service and delicious typical food. I didn't go to the fancier restaurant, but I wanted to, because it looks like a cool, sophisticated experience surrounded by the garden.
If you're looking for an oasis within Medellin, make this your go-to spot. Admission is free. Take your time and carefully look at all the beautiful colors that surround you. Amazing foliage and ponds. There are multiple pathways, some of which made me feel like I'm in the woods. Several public restrooms within the garden.
BEAUTIFUL 🌳 A must. This a beautiful place for a lovely walk, a great cup of coffee or having your business meetings or event. It’s always a great choice to escape from a hectic day.
Amazing free parc, where you can sit for a pic-nic or simply walk around the variety of flowers and and animals. You can see iguanas passing by and astonishing butterflies. Great vibes all around, especially on the weekend where many locals come to relax and have a good time.
I’d like to rate this higher, but multiple parts of the Gardens were closed when we visited, including the butterfly house. A nice enough space, but I wouldn’t say it was “must see”’in terms of the quality of the plants or the grounds. That said, the architecture around the orchid area is a very impressive structure, almost worth another star by itself.
All QuestionsJardin botanico de medellin
- Attractions near Jardin Botanico De Medellin
- Museo Casa De La Memoria
- Plaza Mayor
- Museo Del Agua
- Fundacion Ferrocarril De Antioquia
- Edificio Vasquez
- Biblioteca Epm
- Ballet Folklorico De Antioquia
- Estadio Atanasio Girardot
- Palacio De La Cultura Rafael Uribe Uribe
- Mariposario Selva Viva
- Centro Comercial Premium Plaza
- Entre Flores