Christ ChurchCurrently Open
- Address: Gereja Christ, 48, Jalan Gereja, 75000 Melaka, Malaysia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +60-062848804
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Christ Church - Review
Built by the Dutch when they took charge of Malacca from the Portuguese, this is one of most defining structures of Malacca. Brick-red construction with a huge white cross at the top makes it easily recognizable. It was constructed in 1753 to celebrate a century of Dutch occupation. The interior of the cathedral displays 200 year old handmade pews, decorative fanlights, plagues honouring Dutch soldiers.
The weathercock and bell was added by the British who also transformed the protestant church into an Anglican one.
Christ Church Information
- Dress modestly.
- Do not photograph without permission.
Christ Church Opening and Closing Hours
- 3 Sunday services are held in this church (English 8.30am, Mandarin 10.30am, Malaysian 4.30pm) and at Merlimau (7pm).
How To reach Christ Church by Public Transport
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Melaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Christ Church
95% of people who visit Melaka include Christ Church in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
35.45% of people start their Christ Church visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Christ Church
74.37% of people prefer walking in order to reach Christ Church
Christ Church Map
Christ Church Trips
Christ Church, Melaka Reviews
The iconic beautiful red walled church which is the cover photo of Melaka! Every visitor to Melaka would be posing for selfies / taking photos of this well maintained church! And yes, the church is open during normal office hours, and you can go inside to view it.
One of iconic red building, most visited by tourist in Melaka. Crowded day and night by visitors and gift shops. Come around the plaza and take some selfies or wefies. Church is open on regular time and you may enter. Try to ride tricycles at night to go around heart of Melaka
Free to go in and cool to see all the old headstones from before. Also nice place to catch some aircon in the gift shop
- Good: Ancient church; unique architecture; make me feel peaceful when go inside. - Bad: Always crowded; noisy; hot weather; have many local sellers open their shop outside the church, so it's make everything getting worse.
Good place to visit... Offer you story of Malacca history while enjoying the beautiful of the Malacca down town
All QuestionsChrist church
- Jungle Indoor Playland
- Schulverein Institut Sta. Christiana
- TC Wr. Neustadt
- Hühnerstall Betriebs GmbH
- Union Islamischer Kulturzentren In Österreich
- Flugplatz Wiener Neustadt West
- Ferdinand Raimund Museum
- Pfarramt St.Leopold
- Südwind- Koordinationsstelle NÖ Süd
- Style!s Bar
- Zatorski Leszek Umbauten F Wohnwagen
- Sunshine Company - Petsche Robert
- Militärkommando Niederösterreich, Burg