How to Reach Melaka
HOW TO GET TO MELAKA
- By Bus: Melaka/Malacca is connected to cities like Kuala Lumpur, Seremban, Johar Bahru, Singapore. There are also express buses to Melaka/Malacca from other parts of Peninsular Malaysia.
- By Car: Melaka/Malacca can be accessed from north south express highway. Tourist cars, taxis and rental drive-yourself cars are available.
- By Boat: Melaka/Malacca can also be reached by boat via the daily ferries coming from engkalis, Dumai and Pekanbaru in Sumatra, Indonesia. There are no direct flights to Melaka/Malacca as there is no individual airport for the town.
HOW TO GET AROUND MELAKA
- By Bus: There are frequent buses that can take you to almost all parts of the city, but the bus system is chaotic and better avoided.
- By Taxi: Meter taxis are also available
- By Trishaw: The lifeline of travel in Melaka/Malacca, these are great to travel short distances.
- By Bicycle: Hire a bicycle and explore the city, internal tracks for bicycles are available near all the major tourist attractions.
- By Rented Car: Rent a car with a driver as the traffic is not ideal for a comfortable drive.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Melaka. The most preferred mode of transport in Melaka is Car.
Average distance: 15 km Average time: 20 min
Car 100%Driving 20 min Overall average time for 15 kms 20 min
|Merlimau to Melaka||9.62 km||9 mins|
|Alor gajah to Melaka||14.89 km||14 mins|
|Tangkak to Melaka||21.93 km||21 mins|
|Muar to Melaka||25.51 km||25 mins|
|Rembau to Melaka||28.69 km||28 mins|
|Seremban to Melaka||46.19 km||46 mins|
|Kuala tahan to Melaka||49.31 km||49 mins|
|Mantin to Melaka||51.42 km||51 mins|
|Segamat district to Melaka||53.05 km||53 mins|
|Semenyih to Melaka||57.4 km||57 mins|
* Some of the data on this page is powered by Numbeo