Australian Centre For Moving Image3323 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Federation Square, Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-386632200
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Exhibition
A quirky gallery that features innovative exhibitions of contemporary as well as historic Australian screen-based art, the Australian centre for the moving image is best known for its interactive exhibits, large-scale projection and ample use of digital media to beautify the presentation of art.
Enter into the centre and you’ll be engrossed in the world of television and film. The permanent exhibition Screen world is a must-watch. The centre is also home to Melbourne’s most famous film festivals that screen finest Australian and international cinemas. ACMI also hosts regular movie screenings for all - seniors, kids and lovers of cult classics.
Being world’s largest screen gallery on inspirational exhibitions and to watch quality films all-year round, ACMI is a place to be!
Australian Centre For Moving Image Travel Tips
- Wheelchair access available.
- Guided dogs with assistant are welcomed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Australian Centre For Moving Image
- Entry is free, various films and events have applicable tickets.
Australian Centre For Moving Image Hours
- Shop hours: 10.00 am to 05.00 pm
- Extended hours apply on screenings day.
Cafe and Bar Hours:
- Mon - Fri: 8.30 am – Late
- Saturday: 9.30 am – Late
- Sunday: 10:00 am – Late
How to Reach Australian Centre For Moving Image
- Light rail to Swanston St/Flinders St, trains to Flinders Street Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.89% of people who visit Melbourne include Australian Centre For Moving Image in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
45.4% of people start their Australian Centre For Moving Image visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Australian Centre For Moving Image
54.55% of people prefer walking in order to reach Australian Centre For Moving Image