Degraves StreetCurrently Open
- Address: Degraves St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Restaurant, Streets
Named after Charles and William Degraves who were the pioneer merchants to settle in Melbourne from Tasmania in 1849, this street runs north from Flinders Street to Flinders Lane in the central business district of Melbourne. The cobbled alley in bluestone is one of the heritage lanes of the city and will take you into a totally different era.
The tall old buildings have been refurbished into loft style apartment adding to the quirkiness of the street. The 1930 ‘Majorca House’ is one of the most admirable structures.
The best part about talking a stroll on this street is after a tiring walk, you can treat yourself with a leisurely coffee at any one its multiple bars, cafes, and restaurants.
How to Reach Degraves Street
- Light Rail to Swanston St/Flinders St, trains to Flinders Street Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Degraves Street Address: Degraves St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Degraves Street Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Degraves Street: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
24.17% of people who visit Melbourne include Degraves Street in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
51.18% of people start their Degraves Street visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Degraves Street
76.49% of people prefer walking in order to reach Degraves Street
People normally club together City Circle Tram and Melbourne Visitor Centre while planning their visit to Degraves Street.