Immigration Museum5898 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 400 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-399272700
- Ticket Price: 14 AUD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Specialty Museums
Hosting exhibitions and educational programs in addition to its function of keeping a record of Australia’s immigration history, the museum beautifully displays the personal stories of various immigrants. It carefully studies the influx, the time of the influx and the way the colony slowly developed into a nation.
A fascinating part of the museum is the Interview Room, where visitors are encouraged to act as immigration officers interviewing potential immigrants from the ’20s, ’50s and the ’90s. Another curiosity is the Faith, Fashion and Fusion exhibit that explores the dressing habits of Muslim women in Australia. If you’re even the slightest bit of a history buff, this place is a treasure trove. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Melbourne Itinerary 6 Days.
Immigration Museum Travel Tips
- Don’t bother with the cafe here.
- Might not be the most exciting place to take your kids.
- Wheelchair access available.
- Online ticket booking is available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Immigration Museum
- Child up to 16 years of age: free entry
- Temporary exhibitions have separate tickets
How to Reach Immigration Museum
- Trams on Flinder’s Street
- Free City Circle Tram to cnr Flinders Street & Market Street. Tram 48, 55, 70 or 75 to cnr Flinders Street & Market Street
- Train to Flinders St or Spencer St Stations
- Stop #11 of the Melbourne Visitor Shuttle
- Pure South
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
67.93% of people who visit Melbourne include Immigration Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
63.12% of people start their Immigration Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Immigration Museum
78.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Immigration Museum
Immigration Museum Reviews & Ratings
What exhibition is showing at the moment. Saturday 11th May please.Answer Report Abuse
Grow, Gather, Share; Identity: yours, mine, ours; Leaving Home; Immigrant Stories and Timeline; Customs Gallery; and Getting In are some exhibitions currently showing at the museum. I would suggest that you visit the museum's official website for a detailed schedule.Report Abuse