Immigration Museum, Melbourne
Immigration Museum, Melbourne - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 400 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ticket Price: 14 AUD
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 41.4K times in trip plans
Educational Site, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Immigration Museum, Melbourne
Hosting exhibitions and educational programmes in addition to it’s function of keeping a record of Australia’s immigration history, the museum beautifully displays the personal stories of various immigrants. It carefully studies the influx, the time of the influx and the way the colony slowly developed into a nation. A fascinating part of the museum is the Interview Room, where visitors are encouraged to act as immigration officers interviewing potential immigrants from the 20’s, 50’s and the 90’s. Another curiosity is the Faith, Fashion and Fusion exhibit that explores the dressing habits of Muslim women in Australia. If you’re even the slightest bit of a history buff, this place is a treasure trove.
You may prefer to visit other sights near Immigration Museum. Plan it using Melbourne trip planner.
Immigration Museum Information
- Don’t bother with the cafe here.
- Might not be the most exciting place to take your kids.
- Wheelchair access available.
- Online ticket booking is available.
Immigration Museum Ticket Prices
- Child up to 16 years of age: free entry
- Temporary exhibitions have separate tickets
How To reach Immigration Museum by Public Transport
- Trams on Flinder’s Street
- Free City Circle Tram to cnr Flinders Street & Market Street. Tram 48, 55, 70 or 75 to cnr Flinders Street & Market Street
- Train to Flinders St or Spencer St Stations
- Stop #11 of the Melbourne Visitor Shuttle
Restaurants Near Immigration Museum
- Pure South
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.