La Trobe's Cottage11 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Dallas Brooks Dr & Birdwood Avenue, South Yarra VIC 3141, Australia, Melbourne
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-396569889
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Architecture , Exhibition
Once the home of Victoria's first governor, Charles Joseph La Trobe, La Trobe Cottage today stands as a historic attraction in Melbourne. Located in the quiet corners, this building was first erected in Jolimont, close to where the Melbourne Cricket Ground now stands, but was later on shifted in Kings Domain on a rise near the Royal Botanic Gardens and the Shrine. Inside the beautiful La Tobe Cottage, the centre of attraction is the dining room which is believed to be Melbourne's oldest surviving structure. A tour inside this cottage will give you a picture of life in early colonial Melbourne and the lives of Charles Joseph La Trobe and his family.
La Trobe's Cottage Travel Tips
- This place is disabled friendly.
- Combined tours of Government House and La Trobe’s Cottage are available for groups of 10 or more only. Individuals are unable to join another group’s tour.
Entrance Ticket Details For La Trobe's Cottage
- Children and Concession: $3.00
- Family: $10.00
How to Reach La Trobe's Cottage
- By Light Rail: Dallas Brooks DveLight Rail Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.