Over five thousand animals representing 320 species are housed here. Few ever report coming away from here dissatisfied. You might not get to see all the animals that there are, as different animals have different routines. But the lovely natural atmosphere provided by the beautiful gardens and the parks is quite enough for a good time. The monkey/ape exhibits are supposed to be outstanding. Kangaroos, cats, and koalas have their own fans. Within the zoo, the animals actually have greater freedom of movement that the visitors do. You’re supposed to keep within the trail limits at all times. The must-see exhibits include: the Orangutan Sanctuary, the African Rainforest, the Australian Outbacks, and the Elephant Trail.
Fix a date with wild animals (caged, of course) when you visit Melbourne Australia. The Melbourne Zoo in Melbourne is one of the most popular places in the city and also the crowd’s favourite. The best way to explore the Melbourne Zoo is by buying the Melbourne Zoo tickets from the ticket counter. If you want to ditch the line, then you can book the Melbourne Zoo tickets, well in advance. You can also book the Melbourne Zoo tour tickets to get a guided tour of the zoo and enhance the overall experience. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Melbourne Itinerary 6 Days.
Melbourne Zoo Travel Tips
- Bring a blanket and your own picnic.
- Zoos Victoria reserves the right to request proof of age. Children 15 years and under must be supervised by an accompanying adult. An adult is deemed to be any person aged 16 years or older.
Entrance Ticket Details For Melbourne Zoo
- Child (4-15): Mon - Fri outside holidays: 15.80 Australian Dollars
- Child (4-15): Saturdays, Sundays, Public holidays: free
- Child under 3 years: free
- Group discounts and family packages are available.
Melbourne Zoo Hours
- Animal area closes at 04.30 pm
How to Reach Melbourne Zoo
- Trams on the Royal Parade
- Residential kitchen
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
80.16% of people who visit Melbourne include Melbourne Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
73.93% of people start their Melbourne Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Melbourne Zoo
93.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Melbourne Zoo