Mornington PeninsulaCurrently Open
- Address: Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia, Melbourne
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 12:00 Hrs
Located around 80 kilometers away from Melbourne, theMornington peninsula was originally a part of Bunurongterritory- a group of indigenous Australians that lived here for thousands of years before the Europeans settled in the area. Today, the peninsula still maintains its untouched charm with gorgeous sights and scenes that welcome you to see a rather low profile side of Melbourne. Pristine beaches, Port Phillip, Western Portand acres and acres of beautiful vineyards, olive groves and stunningly beautiful old mansions- all welcome you to a world that celebrates the green way of life.
The orchards sell fresh berries and vegetables while a walk in the private estates with spectacular views, soothe your soul right away. The Portsea Golf Club, Sorrento Golf Club and the Dunes Golf Links are only a few of the many courses that are loved by avid golfers and are a must when you visit Mornington peninsula.
Other highlights include:
- Montalto Estate popular for its architecture
- Safety Beach and Dromana known for its soothing beaches
- Portsea, Rye, Gunnamatta, Sorrento and Point Leo beaches that pull surfers from all over the world.
- The 26-kilometre long ‘Two Bays Trail’ hiking trail
The variety of cafes and pubs that serve delicious sea food add to the experience while the exquisite art galleries are perfect to take home an art souvenir. Don’t forget to sip on a glass of locally made Pinot Noir and Chardonnay when here.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mornington Peninsula
- Ticket Prices of individual attractions in the Mornington peninsula vary. For more information, visit the official website of the attractions.
Mornington Peninsula Hours
- Timings of individual attractions in the Mornington peninsula vary. For more information, visit the official website of the attractions.
How to Reach Mornington Peninsula
- Bus: at St James Retirement Village or at Duells Rd (busses are easily available throughout the peninsula)
- Train: Tyabb Station/ Somerville/ Bittern
- By renting a car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.22% of people who visit Melbourne include Mornington Peninsula in their plan
75% of people start their Mornington Peninsula visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 12 Hrs to see Mornington Peninsula
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Mornington Peninsula