National Sports MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Brunton Ave, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-396578879
- Ticket Price: 22 AUD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Sport, Stadium, Family And Kids
National Sports Museum - Review
The NSM manages the MCG tours, an interactive walk through the highlights of Australian sports and Australian Sporting history. A wide variety of sports gets covered including Australian football, cricket, the Olympics, rugby, soccer and basketball. You’ll also find the Sports Hall Of Fame, the Racing Museum, and the Melbourne Cricket Museum (which will take you through the dressing rooms). The volunteers themselves are lovely and ful of enthusiasm. The stadium has a massive seating capacity, over 100000. When full, the place is a bedlam, especially during the Ashes.
National Sports Museum Information
- Go during Boxing Day.
- For MCG event ticket holders, the entry fee is half.
National Sports Museum Ticket Prices
- Concession: 17.50 Australian Dollars
- Child (5-15): 11 Australian Dollars
- Child under 5: Free
- MCG member and groups have discounted entry.
- MCG tour have separate ticket prices.
- Combined tickets for NSM entry and MCG tours are available.
How To reach National Sports Museum by Public Transport
- Trams on Hoddle Hwy and Olympic Boulevard.
- Tram no 70, 75
Restaurants Near National Sports Museum
- George Street Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Sports Museum
95% of people who visit Melbourne include National Sports Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
51.42% of people start their National Sports Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see National Sports Museum
90.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Sports Museum
National Sports Museum Map
National Sports Museum Trips
2 Views3 Days 2 Nights
National Sports Museum, Melbourne Reviews
The Olympic history is fascinating. Helpful and friendly staff. Really enjoyed it.
So much amazing stuff to see. I will have to go back. And all of the staff were amazing. Wally in the cricket Museum was awesome. So many tales to tell. The interactive stuff downstairs was also very engaging. Keep up the terrific work. Melbourne should be proud.
It has amazing information and cool experiences to go through. I would recommend it to anyone.
Fun interactive museum with lovely staff, would 100% recommend to any sport loving visitors
Old memerobilia ...... Very informative and nicely done place.
All QuestionsNational sports museum
- Denmark Congregational Ucc
- Star Park
- Beacon Art Shortwave Gallery
- Villa Maria By The Sea
- Stone Harbor Marina
- Tee Time Green
- Nummy Island
- Conrad W Wayne Rev
- Hoyts Harbor 5 Theater
- Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church
- Sosnowski John W Rev
- Peter McPhee Fine Arts
- Absolute Art Outlet
- Sisters Of The Holy Child
- St Brendan The Navigator Parish