Old Treasury Building265 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 20 Spring St, East Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-396512233
- Ticket Price: 9 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Architecture , Exhibition
The Old Treasury building in Melbourne houses exhibitions that display the gold bullion discovered during Victoria’s 1850s gold rush. Designed by 19-year-old architect JJ Clark, this building houses a range of collection that includes the rare historic documents from Public Record Office Victoria, highlighting moments that were central to Victoria’s history. Apart from its collection, the building looks beautiful with its grand palazzo-style architecture that is reminiscent of the 1870s. A visit to this gallery is a must if you wish to delve deeper into the history of Australia, highlighted chapter being that of Gold Rush.
Old Treasury Building Travel Tips
- There is no onsite parking available, however metered parking is available in Macarthur Street or St Andrews Place.
Entrance Ticket Details For Old Treasury Building
- Group tours cost $9.00 per person or $7.00 concession.
- School group tours cost $5.00 per student.
- Ticket price for an individual depends upon the exhibition.
Old Treasury Building Hours
- Old Treasury Building is closed on first Friday in October for the AFL Grand Final Parade, from 12 midday Christmas Evening.
How to Reach Old Treasury Building
- By Tram: Trams 11, 12, 31, 48, 109 and the free City Circle Tram stop near the Old Treasury Building
- By Train: Train to Parliament Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Old Treasury Building Address: 20 Spring St, East Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia
- Old Treasury Building Contact Number: +61-396512233
- Old Treasury Building Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Old Treasury Building Price: 9 AUD
- Best time to visit Old Treasury Building(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Old Treasury Building: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.73% of people who visit Melbourne include Old Treasury Building in their plan
66.67% of people start their Old Treasury Building visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Old Treasury Building
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Treasury Building
People normally club together Australian Centre For Contemporary Art and Princess Theatre while planning their visit to Old Treasury Building.
People also prefer to start their day with Old Treasury Building.