Station PierCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Port Melbourne VIC 3207, Australia
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Pier, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Cruise, Heritage Building, Harbour
About Station Pier, Melbourne
Station Pier is a historic pier that has played a significant role in Victoria's history in Melbourne. This pier has also been host to thousands of migrants who came to Australia’s shores after the Second World War Due to its historicity and significance, this pier and its unique Gate House are heritage listed. Today, the Station Pier is considered to be Melbourne's premier cruise ship terminal and is also host to the Spirit of Tasmania ferry service from Melbourne to Devonport. What makes this pier a unique one is that it is constructed directly off the beach into Port Phillip Bay unlike many cruise ship terminals that are located within a freight terminal. From here, the visitors can enjoy astounding views of the sea and can walk on its ramp on sunny afternoons.
Station Pier Information
- This pier is open to pedestrians only.
Station Pier Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Station Pier Opening and Closing Hours
- The pier is closed to the public during cruise ship visits, some naval ship visits and other exceptional circumstances.
How To reach Station Pier by Public Transport
- By Light Rail: Beacon Cove Light Rail Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Station Pier
1.46% of people who visit Melbourne include Station Pier in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
42.59% of people start their Station Pier visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Station Pier
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Station Pier
Station Pier Map
Station Pier Trips
46 Views52 Days 51 Nights52 Day Trip to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, HobartBy: Vu HoaCity: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Hobart
49 Views57 Days 56 Nights57 Day Trip to Canberra, Hobart, Sydney, Adelaide,By: Published PrivatelyCity: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart
Station Pier, Melbourne Reviews
The recliners are absolutely dreadful and I wanted to go and sleep in my car instead if they'd let me. However, after another return trip sharing a private 2-person cabin with my partner, it was well worth having a private bathroom, toilet, room, and a safer place to leave belongings. I much enjoyed my time using the ship's facilities. They even have XXXX on tap.
It was a hot day (41°C), so TT Lines pushed back the boarding and sailing for the comfort of the passengers boarding. Very good traffic control, no stress when driving on board. While waiting in the very orderly queue, the traffic wardens came around to pass us cold bottles of water to make the wait the little more comfortable. Checking in was a breeze! Customer service officer had the boarding passes and keycards all ready for us. Clean and spacious cabins. Smooth sailing and a gentle wake up call with ample time to get ready for arrival. Just 1 simple wish... can the pantry stock more fresh food? The selection was quite small.
Great experience. Not really that big a boat actually. Night sailing recommended but it does mean an awfully early wake up. Even though it's quite a big boat if you happen upon rough seas the voyage can be unpleasant. My advice is to take your see sickness pills and get an early night!
would not recommend if you get sea sick
Food was expensive and not very good but the whole trip was good
All QuestionsStation pier
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal