Station Pier87 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Port Melbourne VIC 3207, Australia Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Pier, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Cruise, Heritage Building, Harbour
Station Pier is a historic pier that has played a significant role in Victoria's history in Melbourne. This pier has also been host to thousands of migrants who came to Australia’s shores after the Second World War Due to its historicity and significance, this pier and its unique Gate House are heritage listed. Today, the Station Pier is considered to be Melbourne's premier cruise ship terminal and is also host to the Spirit of Tasmania ferry service from Melbourne to Devonport. What makes this pier a unique one is that it is constructed directly off the beach into Port Phillip Bay unlike many cruise ship terminals that are located within a freight terminal. From here, the visitors can enjoy astounding views of the sea and can walk on its ramp on sunny afternoons.
Station Pier Travel Tips
- This pier is open to pedestrians only.
Entrance Ticket Details For Station Pier
- Entry is free.
Station Pier Hours
- The pier is closed to the public during cruise ship visits, some naval ship visits and other exceptional circumstances.
How to Reach Station Pier
- By Light Rail: Beacon Cove Light Rail Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Station Pier Address: Port Melbourne VIC 3207, Australia
- Station Pier Timing: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Best time to visit Station Pier(preferred time): 08:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit Station Pier: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.88% of people who visit Melbourne include Station Pier in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
50% of people start their Station Pier visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Station Pier
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Station Pier
People normally club together Princes Pier and Menya Ramen while planning their visit to Station Pier.
Station Pier Reviews & Ratings
where do i park my car when i travel to Tasmania from station st pierAnswer Report Abuse
Hi Is there any "long term" parking near Station Pier - similar to airport where one can leave a vehicle for a week? ThanksAnswer Report Abuse
Can you please call on 61 3 9646 4330 and they would be able to help you better. Thanks! :)Report Abuse
I'll be driving to the dock area to pick up my cousin arriving on 2nd Dec , at 8am . Please tell me where I should park my car and is there a meeting point with them ? Brendan WongAnswer Report Abuse
Parking your car at the Ace Parking | 45-53 Bay St., Port Melbourne will be most convenient if you are looking for Station Pier Parking. There are a bunch of other paid parking spots too. The meeting point is subjective to your convenience, no designated meeting point as such.Report Abuse