If your inspiration is food and nature, the Yarra valley is just what you are looking for! This valley is believed to be the birthplace of Victorian winegrowing and with the range of locally grown food, is perfect for spending a day with family and friends. The Yarav Valley Cider, Ale and Spirits are a popular crowd puller while the adventure activities, tours, derby races, art and culture scene offer a whole new world within itself.
When here don’t forget to take a Hot Balloon ride and end the visit with a box of chocolates from the Yarra Valley Chocolatier and Ice Creamery. The Healesville Sanctuary wildlife park is home to Platypus, Koalas, Wombats, Kangaroos and Emus and is recommended for animal lovers. The ‘Keeper’s Talks’ is something you simply must not miss.
Highlights of the valley include:
- Villages of Marysville and Warburton
- Exploring exquisite art pieces at TarraWarra Museum of Art
- Alfred Nicholas Garden popular for its gorgeous lake
- National Rhododendron Gardens
- The famous Kakoda Trail consisting of 1000 steps
The Dandenong Ranges make for the perfect place to hike while having a meal at Healesville makes for a great place to indulge your taste buds. Do watch out for trending events in the valley
Entrance Ticket Details For Yarra Valley
- Prices for individual attractions at the valley vary. For more information, visit the official website of the attractions.
Yarra Valley Hours
- Timings of individual attractions at the valley vary. For more information, visit the official website of the attractions.
How to Reach Yarra Valley
- By Train: West Richmond
- Light Rail: Hoddle Street - Stop 18
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melbourne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melbourne and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.47% of people who visit Melbourne include Yarra Valley in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
75% of people start their Yarra Valley visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 12 Hrs to see Yarra Valley
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yarra Valley