Melk Abbey572 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Stiftsstrasse | 3390Melk, Melk 3390, Austria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +43-2752555232
- Ticket Price: 12 EUR
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
A grand Benedictine abbey which was founded about a millennium ago the Melk Abbey is a gem on the banks of the Danube river. Much of the abbey was added later between 1702 and 1736 by architect Jakob Prandtauer. Throughout the ages the Melk has suffered damages but is now fully restored to its glory. It is also a monastery co-ed school with about 900 students. The exquisite carvings in the marble hall, the library with over 80,000 volumes, the Emperor’s gallery and the frescoes by Johann Michael in the church all are worth watching to know their glory. There’s even a restaurant located near the entrance which serves hot meals and wine.
Melk Abbey Travel Tips
- Group visits by prior appointment.
Entrance Ticket Details For Melk Abbey
- For Adult: EUR 12 (with guided tour), EUR 10 (without guide).
- For Pupils,Students up to 27 years of Age: EUR 7.50 (with guided tour), EUR 5.50 (without guide).
- For Family tickets: EUR 24 (with guided tour), EUR 20 (without guide).
Tickets for Abbey gardens
- For Adult: EUR 4
- For Pupils, Students: EUR 3
- For Children: EUR 1
Melk Abbey Hours
- 25th March to 2nd Nov 2015: Visits possible daily, with or without guided tour.
- March, April and October: last admission at 4.00 p.m.
- May - September: last admission at 5.00 p.m.
- 3rd November to March: Visits possible only with a guided tour.
- Abbey Gardens and Northern Bastion: May 1 and October 31.
How to Reach Melk Abbey
- By Bus: Lines: A1, B1, B33
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melk and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Melk include Melk Abbey in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
54.88% of people start their Melk Abbey visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Melk Abbey
91.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Melk Abbey