Ruins Of Aggstein Castle, Melk
About Ruins Of Aggstein Castle, Melk
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle, Melk - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 3642 AggsbachDorf, Spitz, Austria
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.3K times in trip plans
Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Castle, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located on the banks of Danube River, this once great castle is now in ruins. Aggstein Castle was built somewhere in the beginning of 12th century and was since then ruled by many dukes. In the 1600s the castle was seriously neglected and the harsh weather began to eat it bit by bit. A lot of restoration and preservation project were carried out in the late 20th and early 21st century. Today you can visit the castle, its dungeons, chapel, royal chambers, knight’s hall, staircases and castle walls. The view from the walls overlooking the river is beautiful and makes the castle seem like one pulled out of fairy tales.
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle Information
- Season ticket offers unlimited visiting.
- Audio guides available.
- Winter Break till 27th March.
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle Ticket Prices
- For Adult: EUR 6.50
- Children from 6 to 16 years: EUR 4.50
- Groups of 20: EUR 5.50 per person
- Family ticket (2 adults and 1 child): EUR 16. EUR 2 per child for every extra children.
- Free for Children under 6.
- Season ticket: EUR 15 per person
- Audio guides: EUR per person
How To reach Ruins Of Aggstein Castle by Public Transport
- Ask locals for direction.
- Drive or take a cab if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Melk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melk and book an accommodation of your choice.