Ruins Of Aggstein CastleCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: 3642 AggsbachDorf, Spitz, Austria, Melk
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-275382281
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Castle, Family And Kids
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle - Review
Located on the banks of Danube River, this once great castle is now in ruins. Aggstein Castle was built somewhere in the beginning of 12th century and was since then ruled by many dukes. In the 1600s the castle was seriously neglected and the harsh weather began to eat it bit by bit. A lot of restoration and preservation project were carried out in the late 20th and early 21st century. Today you can visit the castle, its dungeons, chapel, royal chambers, knight’s hall, staircases and castle walls. The view from the walls overlooking the river is beautiful and makes the castle seem like one pulled out of fairy tales.
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle Information
- Season ticket offers unlimited visiting.
- Audio guides available.
- Winter Break till 27th March.
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle Ticket Prices
- For Adult: EUR 6.50
- Children from 6 to 16 years: EUR 4.50
- Groups of 20: EUR 5.50 per person
- Family ticket (2 adults and 1 child): EUR 16. EUR 2 per child for every extra children.
- Free for Children under 6.
- Season ticket: EUR 15 per person
- Audio guides: EUR per person
How To reach Ruins Of Aggstein Castle by Public Transport
- Ask locals for direction.
- Drive or take a cab if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Melk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melk and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ruins Of Aggstein Castle
95% of people who visit Melk include Ruins Of Aggstein Castle in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40.27% of people start their Ruins Of Aggstein Castle visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Ruins Of Aggstein Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ruins Of Aggstein Castle
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle Map
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle Trips
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle, Melk Reviews
All QuestionsRuins of aggstein castle
- Biblioteca Comunale
- Comune Di Bedollo
- Camping Verde Blu
- Campeggio Verdeblu
- Chiesa S. Francesco Di Paola
- Parrocchia SS.mo Redentore San Nicolò Di Bari San Giuseppe Jato
- Il Persiano Di Valter Digiacomo & C. SAS
- Parrucchiera Gianna
- Baia Dei Gabbiani
- Parrocchia Santa Maria Maddalena Abitazione Del Parroco
- Mcs SRL
- Parrocchia S. Giovanni Crisostomo
- Parrocchia S. Maria Assunta In Cielo
- Suore Piccole Operaie Dei Sacri Cuori
Find places near Ruins Of Aggstein Castle, Melk
Kremser Bank u Sparkassen AG Nr. 482.453 km away
Kremser Bank und Sparkassen Aktiengesellschaft Aggsbach Markt 482.436 km away
Kremser Bank und Sparkassen AG Aggsbach Markt 482.44 km away
Gertrude Hafenmayr Aggsbach Markt 482.436 km away
Restaurant Domingo Gonzalez-Martin Nr. 1292.003 km away
Restaurant Taverne Burgruine Aggstein -2.294 km away
Klosterstueberl -2.446 km away
Restaurant Domingo Nr. 1292.228 km away
Susi's Donaustueberl Aggsbach Markt 1702.173 km away
Johanna Barabas Aggstein 130.757 km away
Restaurant Domingo Aggsbach-Dorf 1292.011 km away
Christoph Lechner, Ing. Claus Lechner Aggsbach-Dorf 621.994 km away
Ernst Reisinger jun. Aggstein 311.496 km away
Bahnhof Aggsbach-Markt Aggsbach Markt 1232.316 km away
Gastehaus Reisinger -2.827 km away
Haus Waldesruhe Aggsbach Markt 1182.413 km away
Haus Fasching Aggsbach Markt 1332.374 km away
Radlerbauernhof Fam Kienesberger Pension / Privatzimmer Aggsbach-Dorf 82.212 km away
Haus Imme Nr. 1362.356 km away
Haus Gerstbauer - Herrmann Gerstbauer Pension / Privatzimmer Aggsbach Markt 1462.691 km away
Aussichtspunkt Ruine Aggstein -0.154 km away