Ruins Of Aggstein CastleCurrently Open
- Address: 3642 AggsbachDorf, Spitz, Austria, Melk
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-275382281
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Castle, Family And Kids
Located on the banks of Danube River, this once great castle is now in ruins. Aggstein Castle was built somewhere in the beginning of 12th century and was since then ruled by many dukes. In the 1600s the castle was seriously neglected and the harsh weather began to eat it bit by bit. A lot of restoration and preservation project were carried out in the late 20th and early 21st century. Today you can visit the castle, its dungeons, chapel, royal chambers, knight’s hall, staircases and castle walls. The view from the walls overlooking the river is beautiful and makes the castle seem like one pulled out of fairy tales.
Ruins Of Aggstein Castle Travel Tips
- Season ticket offers unlimited visiting.
- Audio guides available.
- Winter Break till 27th March.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ruins Of Aggstein Castle
- For Adult: EUR 6.50
- Children from 6 to 16 years: EUR 4.50
- Groups of 20: EUR 5.50 per person
- Family ticket (2 adults and 1 child): EUR 16. EUR 2 per child for every extra children.
- Free for Children under 6.
- Season ticket: EUR 15 per person
- Audio guides: EUR per person
How to Reach Ruins Of Aggstein Castle
- Ask locals for direction.
- Drive or take a cab if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Melk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melk and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Melk include Ruins Of Aggstein Castle in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
39.52% of people start their Ruins Of Aggstein Castle visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Ruins Of Aggstein Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ruins Of Aggstein Castle