Schlossschallaburg - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Schallabur 1, 3382 Schallaburg, Austria, Melk
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.3K times in trip plans
Landmark, Castle, Family And Kids
This hassle free online itinerary creator is perfect for a spontaneous tour
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Schlossschallaburg, Melk
One of the most important castles in Lower Austria, the Schallaburg castle has a long history dating back to the latter half of 11th century. Located about 5 kilometres from Melk, the castle really began taking shape in the 16th century. The olden parts of it look more Romanesque while the newer parts were constructed in the style of the Italian palazzi.
- One of the highlights of the castle are 400 terracotta sculptures depicting mythological scenes and characters. It was created by master artist JakobBernecker.
- The idyllic garden that greets the visitors is adorned with historic roses, ornamental wood and herbs, as well as the two apple groves typical of Renaissance time.
- At the entrance there are two large dragons each 30 metres tall and 6 metres high. It’s a recreational spot where children can slide down its mouth from the top.
- The castle is open to private events as well as music events that happen annually.
- Exclusive, evening tours as well as tours in foreign-languages are available on request.
- Group visits should be arranged by prior appointments.
- For a detailed list of events refer website.
Schlossschallaburg Ticket Prices
- For Adult: EUR 10
- For Pupils and Students with ID: EUR 3.50
- Family ticket: EUR 18
- Holders of the Lower Austrian/ Upper Austrian/ Styrian Family ticket: EUR 16
- Reduced rate: EUR 9
- Without guided tour: EUR 3
- With guided tour: EUR 5.50
Schlossschallaburg Opening and Closing Hours
- Admission one hour before closing time.
How To reach Schlossschallaburg by Public Transport
- By Bus: Near Melk train station take bus route WL1. Refer website for bus timings.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Melk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Melk and book an accommodation of your choice.
Schlossschallaburg, Melk Reviews
Schallaburg Castle is situated only 5 km from Melk. Usually there are interesting exhibitions. The garden and children playground are really nice.
Exhibition "Islam" would better have been called "Turkey and Austria". Apart from Turkey other Islamic countries were barely mentioned and not one word was lost on Indonesia, the country with the largest Muslim population in the world!
realöy good museum nice castle
Beautiful palace with a garden. There are different exhibitions in the palace as well.
Great exhibition in Islam. Must see!
Find places near Schlossschallaburg, Melk
Gasthof Jaeger Anzendorf 180.258 km away
Ulrike Ziegelwanger Groß-Schollach 22.383 km away
Schlossrestaurant Schallaburg Schallaburg 10.033 km away
Schloßrestaurant Schallaburg OG Nr. 10.049 km away
Franz Schelkshorn Klein-Schollach 332.509 km away
Gasthaus Kraus Nummer 102.015 km away
Dorfwirtshaus Lindenstub'n Lindengasse 32.416 km away
Gasthaus Lindenstubn Lindengasse 32.416 km away
Walter Chmelik Sooß 362.459 km away
Agip Austria GmbH Bundesstraße 2222.518 km away
Elisabeth Luger Pöverding 82.466 km away
Alois Langthaler Poeverding 102.672 km away
Brigitte Langthaler Pöverding 102.677 km away
Birgl Johann Hofstraße 112.002 km away