Beale Street, Memphis
About Beale Street, Memphis
Beale Street, Memphis - Address
Address: Memphis, TN, USA
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 12.5K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Performance, Street Market, Family And Kids, Street Food, Streets
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Rightly known as the heart of Memphis Music and Entertainment, this is one of the coolest places in the city. There are a number of clubs, restaurants, shops and beautiful buildings here. If you want to hear some good jazz, Rock ‘n’ roll, R&B, Delta Blues or gospel, there can be no better place other than this. This place was declared as a National Historic Landmark in the year 1966.
This place was initially the location for the merchants and traders of the city. After a few years street musicians started performing over here and the trend was much appreciated. The Orpheum Theatre, known to be the finest theatre of the south was later established here in 1890 to 1899. Robert Church who was the 1st black millionaire purchased the land around this place and named it the Church Street. The church here was later the gathering place for all musicians who performed on the streets for their living.
Beale Street Information
- The Daisy Theatre located at an end of this street is also a popular destination.
- The Beale Street Music Festival is organized in May every year. They put up very good musical acts of Wilco, john Mellencamp, Snoop Dogg, John Legend, Tom Lee and many more.
- The name is also spelt as ‘Beal’ Street.
How To reach Beale Street by Public Transport
- Bus numbers 4, 5, 7, 12, 15, 39, 48 and 76 till Front @ Beale Street
Restaurants Near Beale Street
- B.B. King’s Blues club
- Hard Rock Cafe Memphis
- The Majestic Grille
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Memphis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Memphis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Beale Street, Memphis Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel
- Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous
- Springhill Suites Memphis Downtown
- Blues City Cafe
- Fun Fair Arcade
- Cordova Towne Cinema
- Backbeat Tours
- Range Usa
- Delta Fair And Music Festival
- The Majestic Grille
- Memphis Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Memphis
- What to See in 48 Hours in Memphis
- What to See in 72 Hours in Memphis
- How to Spend 5 Days in Memphis
- How to Spend 6 Days in Memphis
- How to Spend 7 Days in Memphis