- Address: 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9013323322
- Ticket Price: 72 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Graceland - Review
This place was home to the evergreen singer, Elvis Presley. It was in the initial stage of the singer’s career that he bought a lovely house at Audubon Drive. As his fame started touching heights, the craze of fans outside his apartment started increasing and this started disturbing the neighbors. As a result of this the singer realized that a new home was much needed. The house of Graceland was a grand gift from Elvis to his parents. The house was later declared as a NATIONAL HISTORIC LANDMARK in 2006.
The house is situated in beautiful surroundings in a typical Colonial Style. The location on the top of the hill hidden amongst bushes and groves makes it picturesque. The house is divided into parts including 23 rooms and bathrooms-
- First Floor: This floor consists of a vast living area, the bedroom of Elvis’ parents, a music section, a dining room and a kitchen. The theme is ‘white’ and the style is completely classical. The soothing color of the furniture and the wall complement the black baby grand piano very well. The stained glass panes with the painting of peacocks are the most attractive part here. The dining room and kitchen have black marble flooring and is still stocked with products that were a must for the singer. There is also the Jungle Garden, that was the singers own creation. It has an inbuilt waterfall that was later made into a recording studio. It is presently a trophy room with the history of all the achievements of Presley on the walls.
- Second Floor: This consists of the bedroom of Elvis and his wife Priscilla and the bedroom of his daughter Lisa. The floor is not open to public as a mark of respect to the family and mostly because of the bathroom that was the site of the singer’s death.
- Basement: This was the entertainment den of the family with pool tables and home theaters. The quirky design and decor is what grabs eyeballs here.
- The Estate: This is the surrounding area of the house which was modified later. The most attractive part here is the gate that is in the design of a sheet music with green musical notes. The lawn also has a sitting area and a large piano where the singer is said to have composed most of his last works.
- There is also an automobile museum of the singer and a private aero plane named after his daughter on display.
Graceland Ticket Prices
- Other VIP ticket combos are available.
- Free entry for children under 6 years.
- The timings of entry and closure changes throughout the year.
- Tour starts 30 minutes after the ticket counter opens. The last tour is an hour before it closes.
How To reach Graceland by Public Transport
- Bus numbers 42 and 46 till Elvis Presley @ Old Hickory
Restaurants Near Graceland
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Memphis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Memphis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Graceland
95% of people who visit Memphis include Graceland in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
86.44% of people start their Graceland visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Graceland
81.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Graceland
1 View23 Days 22 Nights23 Day Trip to New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Asheville, Savannah, Charlotte from SydneyBy: Published PrivatelyCity: New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Asheville, Savannah, Charlotte
1 View4 Days 3 Nights6 Day Trip to Memphis from The Woodhouse Day Spa - Columbus, OhBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Memphis
Graceland, Memphis Reviews
I'd love to give this a higher rating. The items on display were cool. The audio video tablet tour is nice as not one of the tour guides seemed to want the be there, or want to be helpful. Super happy they were not my only guides. The gals at Minnie Mae's were the nicest!! The BBQ and two sides at Vernon's was the best deal we found Memphis!!
This was so much better than we even imagined! My daughter and I planned this trip for 8 months, and we were not disappointed! We did the ultimate VIP tour, and had an amazing tour guide named Brian, who left no question unanswered. The museums were impressive, and it was so cool to hear personal stories about him. He was an amazing guy, in addition to being the icon that he was! As part of the VIP tour, you also get to hold a ring that he wore...We thought that was a pretty fun touch.
I brought my dad here for his retirement gift. He has loved Elvis his entire life, so this place was like his own personal Disneyland. The house and the grounds were beautiful. So much more than I expected. I purchased the VIP tickets thinking it would be more enjoyable for him but we just felt rushed through the tour. Overall great experience. Staff was nice and helpful.
Had a great time!! Sound was Excellent, Comfortable Temperature, Seats interlocking and comfortable,Nice clean restroom, Parking was $10.00, safe and secure parking lot, several shops and a fun Soda/Candy Shoppe. The staff were all very kind and helpful. Take advantage of your opportunity to visit. We enjoyed the Semi Finals Elvis Concert..
Brand new beautiful hotel. The tour of the mansion was great. Went to Beale street ( free shuttle from hotel) to eat and nightlife. 5 star trip. And you really don’t have to be an Elvis fan. But it helps 😁