About Graceland, Memphis
Graceland, Memphis - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116
Ticket Price: 72 USD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 15.5K times in trip plans
Observatory, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This place was home to the evergreen singer, Elvis Presley. It was in the initial stage of the singer’s career that he bought a lovely house at Audubon Drive. As his fame started touching heights, the craze of fans outside his apartment started increasing and this started disturbing the neighbors. As a result of this the singer realized that a new home was much needed. The house of Graceland was a grand gift from Elvis to his parents. The house was later declared as a NATIONAL HISTORIC LANDMARK in 2006.
The house is situated in beautiful surroundings in a typical Colonial Style. The location on the top of the hill hidden amongst bushes and groves makes it picturesque. The house is divided into parts including 23 rooms and bathrooms-
- First Floor: This floor consists of a vast living area, the bedroom of Elvis’ parents, a music section, a dining room and a kitchen. The theme is ‘white’ and the style is completely classical. The soothing color of the furniture and the wall complement the black baby grand piano very well. The stained glass panes with the painting of peacocks are the most attractive part here. The dining room and kitchen have black marble flooring and is still stocked with products that were a must for the singer. There is also the Jungle Garden, that was the singers own creation. It has an inbuilt waterfall that was later made into a recording studio. It is presently a trophy room with the history of all the achievements of Presley on the walls.
- Second Floor: This consists of the bedroom of Elvis and his wife Priscilla and the bedroom of his daughter Lisa. The floor is not open to public as a mark of respect to the family and mostly because of the bathroom that was the site of the singer’s death.
- Basement: This was the entertainment den of the family with pool tables and home theaters. The quirky design and decor is what grabs eyeballs here.
- The Estate: This is the surrounding area of the house which was modified later. The most attractive part here is the gate that is in the design of a sheet music with green musical notes. The lawn also has a sitting area and a large piano where the singer is said to have composed most of his last works.
- There is also an automobile museum of the singer and a private aero plane named after his daughter on display.
Graceland Ticket Prices
- Other VIP ticket combos are available.
- Free entry for children under 6 years.
Graceland Opening and Closing Hours
- The timings of entry and closure changes throughout the year.
- Tour starts 30 minutes after the ticket counter opens. The last tour is an hour before it closes.
How To reach Graceland by Public Transport
- Bus numbers 42 and 46 till Elvis Presley @ Old Hickory
Restaurants Near Graceland
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Memphis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Memphis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Graceland, Memphis Reviews - Write a Review
First time so special to see Elvis Presley home, where his family are laid to rest, peaceful. Elvis and those special cars and John Deer . Elvis clothes he wore. So worth experiencing his life. I'd go again. The tablet with ear buds doing our walking tour was helpful. At the diner yummy grilled banana peanut butter sandwich with bacon grease or butter. Come experience.
Great history on Elvis and the impact he had on pop culture and music. It was great to see where many of the things that I️ read about take place. Would be 5 stars except for the staff. Staff for the most part were awful and acted like they didn’t want to be there, dragging their feet like it was killing them. If I️ was Lisa Marie, I️ would clean house. For the price, you should be getting a Disney experience.
Was a good view of Elvis life, but the I- pad they give you sucks! I have hearing Aids and could not get the ear phones to stop making my Hearing aids to stop feeding back! When I was given the set, signs said that there was special equipment available, the lady told my that she would get back to me! Well she didn't. Very poor experience. The rest of your was great.
Not bad. Elvis was pretty cool. Made me a bit uncomfortable when he would drift through walls or make spooky ghost noises. Anyway, he had some good whiskey and we had a good time draining the life force from passing tourists. He told me all about the secret government facility that brought him back to life. It was a really interesting story. Apparently Obama is actually the revived spirit of John F. Kennedy in another body. Turns out chem trails and aliens aren't the only things they're hiding from us. Anyway one love Dexter over and out Robin Williams was an alien from mars and that's why they killed him.
We are big Elvis fans so we paid for the ultimate VIP tour. Well worth it for the fan. Small group and unlimited access to Graceland all day. We took the tour at 9:45am, eat well beforehand because we didn't break until 1pm, but went back up at 3:45. It was empty so we had the mansion to ourselves. So wonderful.
- Nearby Attractions
- Itta Bena Restaurant - Memphis
- Tamp & Tap
- Flight Restaurant And Wine Bar
- Alchemy Memphis
- Silky O’sullivan’s
- Celtic Crossing Irish Pub
- Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
- Huey's Midtown
- Boscos Squared
- Young Avenue Deli
- Memphis Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Memphis
- What to See in 48 Hours in Memphis
- What to See in 72 Hours in Memphis
- How to Spend 5 Days in Memphis
- How to Spend 6 Days in Memphis
- How to Spend 7 Days in Memphis