How to Reach Memphis
HOW TO GET TO MEMPHIS
By Air: The Memphis International Airport is the only one in the city. A number of airlines fly in and out of this airport. The Delta is the largest airline service in the world and Memphis forms an important hub out here. The others are-
- American Airlines: Chicago O’Hare, Dallas- Fort Worth, Miami
- Frontier Airlines: Denver
- Southwest Airlines: Baltimore, Chicago- Midway, Houston- Hobby, Orlando, Tampa
- United Airlines: Chicago O’Hare, Denver, Houston George Bush Intercontinental, Newark
- US Airways: Charlotte, Philadelphia, Washington- National
- Amtrak is the nearest station. Trains run regularly to and from Mississippi and it is the best way if you want to just hop and skip from one district to another.
- Interstate 40 - It is a good route but the problem is it does not pass through Memphis proper. The South loop on the other hand is known as I- 240
- Interstate 55- This direction reaches straight to the Town Center and the Beale Street.
- The Greyhound and Megabus services are quite regular and the latter is cheaper as known.
HOW TO GET AROUND MEMPHIS
- By Car: Cars and shuttles, rentals and taxis are all time available in the city and make the best form of transport.