Levitt ShellCurrently Closed
- Address: 1928 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38104, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9012722722
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Entertainment, Performance, Stage Show, Concert, Family And Kids
Levitt Shell - Review
Built in the year 1936, this is a historical destination. It is because the legendary Elvis Presley performed in his 1st rock ‘n’ roll show over here. Till date, every year, Levitt Shell puts up as many as 50 concerts and performances all for free. All thanks to the local people and communities for their unending support.
Levitt Shell Information
- Bring picnic packs along with you and if you cannot concessions are available.
- Alcohol is available for people above 21 years.
- Disabled access is possible.
- Seating arrangements are on the lawn so it is on a first come first sit basis.
- Mobile phones are to be kept on silent mode or switched off.
- Filming and photography are not allowed.
- Shows maybe cancelled due to bad weather. In that case you need to check the website for cancellation details.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Memphis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Memphis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Levitt Shell
5.5% of people who visit Memphis include Levitt Shell in their plan
95% of people start their Levitt Shell visit around 2 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Levitt Shell
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Levitt Shell
Levitt Shell Trips
Levitt Shell, Memphis Reviews
The Shell is on of the best places in Memphis to go for live music. Every year they do a free concert series that is open to anyone. It's a great experience for families and friends alike. You can follow the concert series on their website and also donate money so they can keep going. I would highly recommend everyone to also attend Stars at the Shell as this is when they make most of their money to keep the free shows going!
Cool grass area to hang out. Their music activities at weekend nights were pretty cool and interesting. They do sell drinks, alcoholic beverages, and food. Theree is a bathroom there but only opens whenever there is activity at the stage, should open during park hours all week.
Well it obviously depends on the show, how to rate this venue. It has a nice, lighted clamshell-styled amphitheatre and grass. It's pretty nice for a free concert, but what if you paid and the show sucked?
Who can turn down free live music? It's even better when someone you've been listening to for years comes to play. They have plenty of space for chairs or blankets & some fun local food trucks. Mempops are great! Family fun!
Awesome music venue. The free concerts are so much fun and my daughter loves them. Super convenient to pack a cooler and chairs. If you don't want to pack food, the food trucks are usually really good.