Memphis Botanical Gardens184 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 750 Cherry Rd, Memphis, TN 38117, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9016364100
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Club, Family And Kids, Games
The gardens have been set up slowly from the year 1953 when the land was developed. In 1957 came p the beautiful arboretum and a year later was established the magnolia garden. Like any other botanical garden, this is also full of colorful plants, shrubs, medicinal and rare plants and herbs. Apart from this the park is further divided into a number of gardens of various types.
- Tennessee Bicentennial Iris Garden: This garden features more than 100 types of irises brought from various countries such as Japan, Louisiana, Syria, Spuria.
- Conifer Collection: This garden boasts of a variety of dwarf conifers.
- The Herb Garden features over 500 species of herbs.
- The Japanese Garden of Tranquility.
- Rose Garden consists of a variety of rose species from around the world.
- Sensory Garden
- Anne Heard Stokes Butterfly Garden
- Memphis Garden Club Water Garden
- Big Backyard: This is the separate garden made as a children’s play area.
Memphis Botanical Gardens Travel Tips
- The Daffodil Dash Race, The Family Egg Hunt, Mothers Day Jazz Brunch, etc are a few of the events organized here throughout the year.
- There are other cultural shows and horticultural programs also held here.
Entrance Ticket Details For Memphis Botanical Gardens
- Free for members.
- Seniors (62+): $62.50
- Children (2-12): $5
- Free for infants.
Memphis Botanical Gardens Hours
- Opened till 4:30 PM during winters.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Memphis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Memphis and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.96% of people who visit Memphis include Memphis Botanical Gardens in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
45.45% of people start their Memphis Botanical Gardens visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Memphis Botanical Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Memphis Botanical Gardens
Memphis Botanical Gardens Reviews & Ratings
My wife and I are members, so we have been to a ton of botanic gardens across the US. Let me tell you, this one is really great and Memphis should be proud. They have made some significant upgrades lately with improved signage, labeling, and planting areas with more improvements on the way. This is also one of the cheaper botanic gardens in the US, without sacrificing on the quality or learning experience.
This is a beautiful botanical garden. They have a great area for the kiddos to play. I think we were in the kids area for about 2 hours and the time seemed to fly by. I am glad we decided last minute to visit.
Great place for a late summer concert! You can bring your own food, drink, chairs and such within reason. If you have general lawn tickets show up early to setup your spot and mingle before the show.
Beautiful garden! With a great play area for both you and your children to just let loose and have fun. Awesome photo opportunity here. They host parties weddings and photo shoots. Again a really great place to visit!
If you’re looking to volunteer this is a great place. Nice staff and pretty scenery. Wonderful area to walk around with a family or by yourself! Plenty of events are hosted here throughout the year.