Memphis Brooks Museum Of ArtCurrently Closed
- Address: 1934 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9015446200
- Ticket Price: 7 USD
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Family And Kids
Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art - Review
This museum was founded in the year 1916 and is the oldest and largest museum in the State of Tennessee. The original museum was of Beaux- art style designed by James Gamble Rogers in 1913. After a couple of years it was dedicated by Bessie Vans Brooks in the memory of her husband Hamilton Brooks and hence the name. This was later opened for the public in 1955.
- The permanent exhibitions include works of Renaissance, Baroque and 19th Century artists.
- There is a fine collection of English portraits by famous artists such as Gainsborough, Reynolds, Lawrence and Romney.
- There are other American impressionist as well as contemporary art pieces.
- The museum also conserves many 19th and 20th century sculpture examples as well as furniture and textiles.
Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art Information
- Children below 13 years are to be guided by parents.
- Audio tour is available.
- There is a museum library as well.
Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art Ticket Prices
- Senior Adults (65+): $6
- Students (with Student ID): $3
- Youth (7-17) $3
- Free for children (6 and under)
- Free for St. Jude Patients and their families
- Free fpr all teachers.
Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art Hours
- Last ticket is given half an hour before closure.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Memphis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Memphis and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art
3.76% of people who visit Memphis include Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
95% of people start their Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art
Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art Trips
Memphis Brooks Museum Of Art, Memphis Reviews
As a wedding photographer in Memphis, the Brooks Museum has easily become of my favorite locations to shoot sessions at. The staff at the Brooks Museum are always so friendly. The museum offers gorgeous art exhibits and a very nice cafe inside. It is also a beautiful venue to host your wedding at!
This is the largest art museum in Tennessee but if you are not from Tennessee do not be surprised that this art museum is very tiny. I visited here while on vacation and there was basically no guests inside, I finished the museum in less than an hour. The outside of the building is beautiful and there are some cool pieces to look at, but it is only 3 floors and the entire bottom floor and part of the first floor was being remodeled when I visited. The staff was very polite and friendly. I would return when the bottom floor is done, hopefully they will have a lot more art to see.
The museum itself was nice. But we left early because the staff made us very uncomfortable. When we got there, the girl at the front desk wasn’t there. So another woman gave us stickers and told us to pay when we were leaving. I guess they thought we were going to skip out on $17. The staff followed us around the entire time talking to each other on their little microphones. It was unpleasant to say the least. We won’t be going back.
Nice museum exhibits in small area which makes for a nice walking experience on a hot and humid day. Took less than two hours to tour it all. Followed up with cool drink at inside cafe which also served lunch and dessert.
Great museum. I loved it as a kid, still do as an adult. The crazy thing I heard, they want to move it to Mud Island. One if the most stupid ideas I was made aware of. I hope that plan fails.