The Peabody Ducks487 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 149 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9015294000
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hotel, Leisure, Family And Kids, Fountain
The Peabody hotel is one of the most important and oldest hotels in the city. The beautiful fountain on the rooftop is the main attraction here. As you go up you will find 5 ducks roaming on the rooftop there. This has an interesting story behind it.
Long back in the 1930’s, the manager of the Peabody named Frank Schutt and a friend named Chip Barwick came back from hunting in the Arkansas. They were quite a bit tipsy from an over does of whiskey and decided to place some live duck decoys in the fountain just for fun. This became an enthusiastic activity and is now a legacy.
It is known that before the ducks were used turtles and baby alligators. Seeing this, ring master Bellman Edward Pembroke took the charge of supplying ducks and training them. Now what we see is the ducks marching every day. This has since been a very popular tourist attraction.
The Peabody Ducks Hours
- The duck marching takes place at 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM every day.
How to Reach The Peabody Ducks
- Bus number 100 till Tro 2nd @ Union
- Huey’s Downtown
- Charles Vergo’s Rendezvous
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Memphis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Memphis and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Peabody Ducks Address: 149 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, United States
- The Peabody Ducks Contact Number: +1-9015294000
- The Peabody Ducks Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit The Peabody Ducks(preferred time): 11:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit The Peabody Ducks: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
21.46% of people who visit Memphis include The Peabody Ducks in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
63.16% of people start their The Peabody Ducks visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Peabody Ducks
58.82% of people prefer walking in order to reach The Peabody Ducks
People normally club together Sun Studio and Gibson Donuts while planning their visit to The Peabody Ducks.
The Peabody Ducks Reviews & Ratings
How early should we arrive for the duck parade?Answer Report Abuse
The ducks at The Peabody usually parade between 11 AM and 5 PM, speaking of the earliest, 11 AM should be fine.Report Abuse