About Bastion Museum, Menton
Dedicated to the French artist Jean Cocteau, Bastion Museum is a popular destination for art enthusiasts visiting the French Riviera. This museum is actually a seaside fort which was originally built by Prince of Monaco in the 17th Century. Jean Cocteau took it over and restored it.
Experience an extensive documentation of Cocteau’s work through books, magazines, journals and catalogues. Every year a new instalment of Cocteau’s work is exhibited here. The poet and a painter, his drawings and work in tapestries, watercolors, pastels, Ceramics, earthenware and mosaic are on display here. Group tours are also offered to families, school groups and elders.
Bastion Museum Information
- The museum is locally known as Musée du Bastion.
- Free for kids, students, journalists, artists, handicapped and unemployed.
How To Get To Bastion Museum by Public Transport
- Nearest Railway Station: Menton-Gravan station
- Bus no 98, Bust stop: Cathedral, Menton
Restaurants Near Bastion Museum
- Hotel Balmoral
- Hotel Delcloy
- A Braijade Meridiounale
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Menton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Menton and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Quai Napoleon III - Bastion du Vieux Port, 06500 Menton, France
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 10.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Bastion Museum, Menton
- Other Attractions
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Wittlich Hbf
- Cheap Hotels Near Gondorf City Center
- Hotels Near Eifelpark
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Paris, Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Lyon, Versailles, Stuttgart, Avignon, Frankfurt, Menton
- Trip to Lourdes, Menton, Cherbourg
- Trip to Versailles, Menton
- Trip to Paris, Angers, Rennes, Menton, Toulon, Carcassonne, Reims, Tours, Pau, Amiens
- Three Days In Menton For Family And Kids
- Trip to Paris, Berlin, Venice, Munich, Zurich, Madrid, Basel, Frankfurt, Menton
- Trip to Menton
- Fascinating Four Days In Menton
- Top 10 Things To Do In Menton
- Menton Itinerary 1 Day