Bastion Museum, Menton
About Bastion Museum, Menton
Bastion Museum, Menton - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Quai Napoleon III - Bastion du Vieux Port, 06500 Menton, France
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 10.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Dedicated to the French artist Jean Cocteau, Bastion Museum is a popular destination for art enthusiasts visiting the French Riviera. This museum is actually a seaside fort which was originally built by Prince of Monaco in the 17th Century. Jean Cocteau took it over and restored it.
Experience an extensive documentation of Cocteau’s work through books, magazines, journals and catalogues. Every year a new instalment of Cocteau’s work is exhibited here. The poet and a painter, his drawings and work in tapestries, watercolors, pastels, Ceramics, earthenware and mosaic are on display here. Group tours are also offered to families, school groups and elders.
Bastion Museum Information
- The museum is locally known as Musée du Bastion.
- Free for kids, students, journalists, artists, handicapped and unemployed.
How To reach Bastion Museum by Public Transport
- Nearest Railway Station: Menton-Gravan station
- Bus no 98, Bust stop: Cathedral, Menton
Restaurants Near Bastion Museum
- Hotel Balmoral
- Hotel Delcloy
- A Braijade Meridiounale
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Menton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Menton and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bastion Museum, Menton Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Cimetiere Du Trabuquet
- Monastery Of The Annunciation
- Halles Market
- La Citronneraie
- Promenade De La Mer
- Hôtel Princess Et Richmond Menton
- Traverse Du Vieux Château
- Mont Carpano
- Basilique Saint Michel
- Montée Du Souvenir
- Menton Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Menton
- What to See in 48 Hours in Menton
- What to See in 72 Hours in Menton
- How to Spend 5 Days in Menton
- How to Spend 6 Days in Menton
- How to Spend 7 Days in Menton