Carnoles Palace Art MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: 3 Avenue de la Madone, 06500 Menton, France
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-493354971
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids
Menton has served as the summer destination to the former Prince of Monaco for years. Carnoles Palace Art Museum was the royal residence before it was converted into a French art museum in the year 1977. The idea was conceived by English art collector, Charles Wakefield-Mori.
The museum showcases an exquisite collection of paintings, sculptures and fine art. It has paintings belonging to the Renaissance as well as the modern era. It is a great spot to familiarize with artists from Italy, France, Germany and Greece. Popular works of Picasso, Marc Chagall, Francis Picabia, Albert Gleizes, Paul Delvaux and Salvador Dali grace the gallery.
The “Remarkable Garden” here flaunts contemporary sculptures amidst citrus growth. The architectural details of this palace are also eye catching with wooden panelling, golden doors and finely decorated ceiling.
Carnoles Palace Art Museum Travel Tips
- This museum is popular as The Musee des Beaux-Arts de Menton and is also referred to as The Fine Arts Museum of Menton.
- Some parts of the palace may be under renovation. Don’t trespass into closed quarters.
- Inquire in advance if you can carry cameras.
- Carry a French to English translation guidebook. Mobile translation apps will also come handy.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Carnoles Palace Art Museum
- Train No: No Information, Nearest Railway Station: Menton-Gravan station
- Bus no 98, Bust stop: Cathedral, Menton
- A Boire a Manger
- La Fabrique
- A Braijade Meridiounale
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Menton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Menton and book an accommodation of your choice.