Garden of the Villa Maria Serena is Menton’s ‘Heavenly garden’ located close the Italian border. It is considered as the most temperate garden in France and the place was built in 1886 by the heirs of Foucher de Menton Carei as per the design of Charles Garnier. It is named after the Tree of Melaleuca alternifolia which is translated to Maria Serena.
The eclectic villa and the garden lie close to the cliffs bearing a Victorian style landscape.The Garden of the Villa Maria Serena has a luscious green quadrangular plot facing the sea. It has received elite guests like Queen Elizabeth of Belgium, Queen Astrid and President Rene Coty.
- This places is popular as Jardin de la Villa Maria Serena
- Guided tours are available on Tuesdays and Fridays only.
- Free for visitors under eighteen years.
- Nearest Railway Station: Menton-Gravan station
- Bus no 98, Bust stop: Cathedral, Menton
- La Vita e Bella
- Brasserie Dorian Caffe
- Vanilla Bakery
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Menton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Menton and book an accommodation of your choice.