Monastery Of The AnnunciationCurrently Open
- Address: 2135 Corniche Andre Tardieu, 06500 Menton, France
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +33-493357692
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Monastery
Experience the mysticism of eleventh century in The Monastery of the Annunciation. It is an antiquated abbey built on a hummock overlooking Old town of Menton at a height of 233 metres. The monastery was built in 1502 and was the centre of the old town of Podium Pini. The building can be accessed by taking a flight of 464 Provencal tiled steps called the ‘Oratory route of Rosary’ or the ‘Sentier du Rosaire’.
The monastery hosted the followers of Saint Jeanne. In 1808, the chapel was acquired by Jerome Monleon and accommodated the Capuchin monks from 1866 till 1999. It was rebuilt in 1930 by Abel Glena. The chapel hosts annual musical concerts and Marian feasts between April and September.
Monastery Of The Annunciation Travel Tips
- The site is locally known as Monastere de l'Annonciade and Notre-Dame de l’Annonciade.
- It is quite a hike to get to the monastery by stairs.
- It is a holy place for sailors and mariners. Maintain the dignity of the ambience.
- You can also take a car until the Monastery if not comfortable climbing stairs.
How to Reach Monastery Of The Annunciation
- Train No: No Information, Nearest Railway Station: Menton-Gravan station
- Bus no 98, Bust Stop: Cathedral, Menton
- Festival Pizzas
- Azur Pizzas
- Taclet Alex
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Menton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Menton and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.37% of people who visit Menton include Monastery Of The Annunciation in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
50% of people start their Monastery Of The Annunciation visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Monastery Of The Annunciation
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monastery Of The Annunciation