Musee Jean Cocteau Collection Severin Wunderman
About Musee Jean Cocteau Collection Severin Wunderman, Menton
This museum on the French Riviera houses the art work of Jean Cocteau majority of which comes from an American Businessman called Severin Winderman. This museum has been designed by Rudy Ricciotti whose influences can be seen clearly on the architecture of the museum. This unique building looks like a fierce set of teeth or a string of alabaster forearms holding up the sky. Even if you are not an Art lover, do visit to witness the unique and controversial architecture of the museum building.
Guided tours and workshops are available for kids here. It has about seven sections and contains almost 1000 graphic artworks. The seven sections have different theme based on Cocteau’s work:
- Red and Gold Evil
- Towards a Poetry Theatre
- New Superstars
- Tragedy Revisited
- Staging the invisible
- Movie Theatre
- The route in the city
This rich cultural institution has a well-stocked bookstore that contains works written by Jean Cocteau, CDs, films, catalogue of the museum etc. The museum cafe is famous for its culinary delights on offer that change with season and provides a relaxing atmosphere to unwind.
Musee Jean Cocteau Collection Severin Wunderman Information
- This place is also known as Jean Cocteau Museum.
Musee Jean Cocteau Collection Severin Wunderman Tickets Prices
- Students, Teachers, Seniors and families: 6 Euros
- Professional Partners and individual group of 10: 4 Euros
- Jobseekers, Disabled persons, Under Eighteen and 1st Sunday of each month: Free
Restaurants Near Musee Jean Cocteau Collection Severin Wunderman
- La Cantinella
- Pizzeria Le Vesuvio
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Menton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Menton and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 2 Quai de Monleon, 06500 Menton
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 23K times in trip plans
Museum, Outdoors, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Musee Jean Cocteau Collection Severin Wunderman, Menton
Beautiful museum at a gorgeous location! Great Cocteau collection plus usually another related show.
Very interesting exhibition of Dufy upstairs and Cocteau downstairs. Definitely worth going to see.
The ticket price includes a visit to the Bastion museum which has a collection of Cocteau's "The Fisherman and the Girl", as well to the Palais de l'Europe which has more modern art displayed. The staff is friendly and professional, and also gave a summary of Jean Cocteau's life to us as almost everything in the museum is in French. The museum has an upper and lower floor with paintings and various exhibitions of Cocteau's work. The most famous exhibit is Andy Warhol's tribute art work to Jean Cocteau. I was expecting a bit more from the visit, as there were not much information for non-french speakers, but it is worth a visit.
Love the arts! It's definitely a must see.
Very good modern
- Other Attractions
- Cesky Krumlov State Castle
- Saint Vitus Church
- Egon Schiele Art Centrum
- Plague Column
- Museum Fotoatelier Seidel
- Latran Houses
- Town Hall
- Regional Museum Cesky Krumlov
- Synagogue Cesky Krumlov
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Cesky Krumlov State Castle
- 5 Star Hotels Near Saint Vitus Church
- Hotels Near Egon Schiele Art Centrum
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Plague Column
- 5 Star Hotels Near Museum Fotoatelier Seidel
- 5 Star Hotels Near Latran Houses
- Hotels Near Town Hall
- Budget Hotels Near Regional Museum Cesky Krumlov
- Luxury Hotels Near Synagogue Cesky Krumlov
- Luxury Hotels Near Klet
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Paris, Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Lyon, Versailles, Stuttgart, Avignon, Frankfurt, Menton
- Trip to Lourdes, Menton, Cherbourg
- Trip to Versailles, Menton
- Trip to Paris, Angers, Rennes, Menton, Toulon, Carcassonne, Reims, Tours, Pau, Amiens
- Three Days In Menton For Family And Kids
- Trip to Paris, Berlin, Venice, Munich, Zurich, Madrid, Basel, Frankfurt, Menton
- Trip to Menton
- Fascinating Four Days In Menton
- Top 10 Things To Do In Menton
- Menton Itinerary 1 Day