Old Chateau CemeteryCurrently Open
- Address: Rue du Vieux-Chateau F - 06500 Menton, France
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +33-0493579599
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cemetery
Old Chateau Cemetery - Review
If you are touring the French Riviera, Old Chateau Cemetery is the perfect refuge from the hustle-bustle of the Provence-Alpes- Cote d'Azur region. Experience the rare insight into the centuries of life lying silently in the les cimetieres of Old Chateau. Take the steep hill trek from the basilica to the cemetery lined by graves of some prominent personalities of their time like William Webb Ellis, the Russian royal bloodline and notorious assassins of the past.
The Old Chateau Cemetery offers a fascinating view of Menton and its old world photogenic landscape. It has distinctly laid out grave quarters for tombs belonging to the Catholics, Protestants and Jews.
Old Chateau Cemetery Information
- Plan for a picnic but ensure you maintain the sanctity of the place.
- It is locally known as the Rue du Vieux-Chateau Cemetery.
- It’s an uphill trek to the cemetery. Be prepared for the physical challenge.
- There is a children amusement park. Escort your kids to the park so that they don’t disturb the praying visitors.
How To reach Old Chateau Cemetery by Public Transport
- Train No: No information, Nearest Railway station: Menton
- LIGNES D’AZUR Bus Line: 110, Nearest Bus station: Menton
- Zestbus, Bus line: 6, Bus station: Menton
Restaurants Near Old Chateau Cemetery
- Le Petite Masion
- Le Bistrot des Jardins
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Menton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Menton and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Old Chateau Cemetery
95% of people who visit Menton include Old Chateau Cemetery in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
41.38% of people start their Old Chateau Cemetery visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Old Chateau Cemetery
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Chateau Cemetery