A branch of Centre Pompidou Paris, this museum is a brand new build- year 2010. It features some permanent and some temporary collection from the French National Museum of Arts. The works exhibited here are mostly modern and contemporary. Outside Paris, this is one of the most visited places in France. The shape of the museum is based on that of a Chinese hat. Highlights include:
- The roof- a massive 90m high hexagon.
- Houses 3 galleries, a theatre and an auditorium.
- Unique 3-4 exhibitions per year.
- The Semi-permanent Beacons Exhibition- 18 masterpieces of monumental size that sum up the art movement since the beginning of the 20th century.
- Interaction with the artists.
- Frequent Films, shows and Workshops.
Centre Pompidou Metz Travel Tips
- Prices may change according to the scale of the temporary events.
- Individual guided tours on first Sunday of every month.
- Wheelchairs are available for the disabled.
- For those who want to gain free entry, carry the document that would be needed to grant you the entry- birth date proof, medical certificate, Press pass, Education pass, etc.
Entrance Ticket Details For Centre Pompidou Metz
- Cinema: 5 €
- Performing arts: 15 €
- Live events: 10 €
- Exhibition ticket price depends on number of exhibition spaces open : 7/10/12 €
How to Reach Centre Pompidou Metz
- Bus@Metz City Station.
- La Voile Blanche
- Brasserie Restaurant Pompidou Metz
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.89% of people who visit Metz include Centre Pompidou Metz in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
69.09% of people start their Centre Pompidou Metz visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Centre Pompidou Metz
86.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Centre Pompidou Metz