Centre Pompidou Metz, Metz
About Centre Pompidou Metz, Metz
Centre Pompidou Metz, Metz - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1, Parvis des Droits de l'Homme | CS 90490,57020 Metz, France
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.1K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A branch of Centre Pompidou Paris, this museum is a brand new build- year 2010. It features some permanent and some temporary collection from the French National Museum of Arts. The works exhibited here are mostly modern and contemporary. Outside Paris, this is one of the most visited places in France. The shape of the museum is based on that of a Chinese hat. Highlights include:
- The roof- a massive 90m high hexagon.
- Houses 3 galleries, a theatre and an auditorium.
- Unique 3-4 exhibitions per year.
- The Semi-permanent Beacons Exhibition- 18 masterpieces of monumental size that sum up the art movement since the beginning of the 20th century.
- Interaction with the artists.
- Frequent Films, shows and Workshops.
Centre Pompidou Metz Information
- Prices may change according to the scale of the temporary events.
- Individual guided tours on first Sunday of every month.
- Wheelchairs are available for the disabled.
- For those who want to gain free entry, carry the document that would be needed to grant you the entry- birth date proof, medical certificate, Press pass, Education pass, etc.
Centre Pompidou Metz Ticket Prices
- Cinema: 5 €
- Performing arts: 15 €
- Live events: 10 €
- Exhibition ticket price depends on number of exhibition spaces open : 7/10/12 €
How To reach Centre Pompidou Metz by Public Transport
- Bus@Metz City Station.
Restaurants Near Centre Pompidou Metz
- La Voile Blanche
- Brasserie Restaurant Pompidou Metz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Centre Pompidou Metz, Metz Reviews - Write a Review
Great venue for contemporary art at the heart of Metz, 5min walk from the main central station. Staff is available and kind with visitors. Security check-ups may cause a line to enter the museum. The bookstore is nice as well.
Great architecture and a great prize for the city. Many people from Luxembourg come here just for this museum. The exhibits are good too but they rotate so it really depends.
The architecture is nice - the building is beautiful from the outside. The exhibits are...maybe I just don't understand modern art, but I found it boring. There are a few cool sculptures and paintings, but the rest felt like a lie to call art.
The building is a beautiful piece of architecture, which is followed by the geometric world as represented by Fernand Léger. Then, a stunning garden-like collection follows, where one of Monet's pieces completes this concept art. The third floor is also worth visiting, with its beautiful mix between art and nature. Nature = Art! Lovely museum, and above all, it's even free for people younger than 26.
Wonderful museum. I recommend it for the architecture of the museum itself, and for the great exhibition always new and refresh.