Frac Lorraine70 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 bis, rue des Trinitaires F-57000 Metz, France
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-387742002
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids
Metz is the capital of the Lorraine region. Lorraine region has its own peculiar style when it comes to art. Being the capital, Metz is the obvious where this kind of art is displayed. And FRAC Lorraine is where the exhibition is. The Regional Contemporary Art Fund of Lorraine is what the FRAC stands for. Built in the year 1984, this place was the result of the decentralization policy of the government. It is the state and the regional councils which look after the place and not the central government. The place is nicknamed- ‘49 North 6 East’ because of the geodesic of the town square it is a part of. Highlights include:
- The permanent collections- that include classics of both the bygone and the modern era.
- Frequent Temporary Exhibitions, mostly themed.
- Performing Arts exhibition, which is both educative and entertaining.
- Frequent Workshops and events.
- A residency Program for Art critics and curators.
- Guided Tours available.
Frac Lorraine Travel Tips
- Exhibition spaces can be visited only by reservation.
- Guided tours have to be reserved.
- Guided tours in French language only. Closing time- 5:00 pm.
How to Reach Frac Lorraine
- Bus no.: 1, 13, 109, 108, 12@Tanneurs
- Bus no.: 3@St.Georges
- Dauphine le
- Le Sweet
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.43% of people who visit Metz include Frac Lorraine in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
56.25% of people start their Frac Lorraine visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Frac Lorraine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Frac Lorraine