Gare De Metz-ville379 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1, place du General de Gaulle, Metz, France
- Timings: 04:45 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +33-892353535
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Station
Did you ever think that a railway station could be a registered historical monument? Well this railway station of Metz is. Otto Von Bismarck was responsible for the first annexation of Metz into the German Empire. This building was built during a time when France was being “Germanified”. The building is of neo-Romanesque style built between the years 1905 and 1908. The departure hall looks like a church while the restaurant and the arrival hall remind you of a palace. Highlights include:
- Sizeable station platforms that were built to accommodate troops on foot and the ones on the horses.
- A clock-tower that is 40m in height.
- A restaurant
- Symbols sculpted into the walls, suggesting the areas they signify. E.g. Arrival and departure have people shaking hands, meeting each other or bidding adieu.
Gare De Metz-ville Travel Tips
- Avoid a morning visit to avoid crowd.
How to Reach Gare De Metz-ville
- Bus no.: 5@Migette.
- Restaurant Le Grand Comptoir
- Brasserie ABC
- Le Corner
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Metz include Gare De Metz-ville in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.86% of people start their Gare De Metz-ville visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gare De Metz-ville
82.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gare De Metz-ville
Gare De Metz-ville Reviews & Ratings
bonjour je voudrais voir les tarifs pour : METZ - AIX TGV JE SUIS SENIOR 65 AAnswer Report Abuse