Gare De Metz-ville, Metz
About Gare De Metz-ville, Metz
Gare De Metz-ville, Metz - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1, place du General de Gaulle, Metz
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 04:45 am - 11:59 pm Details
Added 2.4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Did you ever think that a railway station could be a registered historical monument? Well this railway station of Metz is. Otto Von Bismarck was responsible for the first annexation of Metz into the German Empire. This building was built during a time when France was being “Germanified”. The building is of neo-Romanesque style built between the years 1905 and 1908. The departure hall looks like a church while the restaurant and the arrival hall remind you of a palace. Highlights include:
- Sizeable station platforms that were built to accommodate troops on foot and the ones on the horses.
- A clock-tower that is 40m in height.
- A restaurant
- Symbols sculpted into the walls, suggesting the areas they signify. E.g. Arrival and departure have people shaking hands, meeting each other or bidding adieu.
Gare De Metz-ville Information
- Avoid a morning visit to avoid crowd.
How To reach Gare De Metz-ville by Public Transport
- Bus no.: 5@Migette.
Restaurants Near Gare De Metz-ville
- Restaurant Le Grand Comptoir
- Brasserie ABC
- Le Corner
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Gare De Metz-ville, Metz Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful train station with a Convenient, walkable distance from the center of the city or accessible to other areas by bus. Easy and direct routes to Paris, Luxembourg, Nancy, Strasbourg and others. However, there are frequent strikes and or delays from SNCF which are unpredictable and nuisance to travel.
Very nice old train station. Nice square.
Superb train station, well sign-posted and easy to navigate with a good selection of shops and cafes to feed yourself before boarding your train.
Surely one of my favorite train station in France.
Beautiful neo-Romanesque building designed by Jürgen Kröger.
- Nearby Attractions
- Temple Neuf De Metz
- Paroisse Saint-maximin
- Association Islamique De Metz
- Aire De Jeux Enfants
- Office National Des Forets - O.n.f.
- Cinema Cameo Ariel
- Palais Du Gouverneur
- Cinema Palace
- Metz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Metz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Metz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Metz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Metz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Metz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Metz