Metz Cathedral, Metz
About Metz Cathedral, Metz
Metz Cathedral, Metz - Address, Phone Number
Address: Place d'Armes, 57000 Metz, France
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Also called ‘The Good Lord’s Lantern’, this Roman Catholic Church has one of the highest naves in the world. And not just that, when you come this place you won’t have to be told that this place is important. Just having a look at this huge and magnificent structure is enough. Wondering why it is called the lord’s own lantern? Well because this church has the largest expanse of stained glass in the world. The architecture is of Gothic Renaissance style built with the local material- Jaumont limestone. Highlights include:
- Seat of the Bishop of Metz.
- Houses one of the highest naves in the world.
- Neoclassical and Neo-gothic elements in the architecture.
- The painting of Saint Clement slaying a dragon.
- The covered market.
- The outer square.
- A thousand year old Roman bath.
- A museum of the legends and the treasures.
Metz Cathedral Information
- Last entry, 15 minutes before closing time.
Metz Cathedral Ticket Prices
- The cathedral and the crypt - 2.5 €.
- The cathedral, the crypt and the treasury- 3 €.
- Stories and legends of the Saints- 2.5 €.
- The Stained Glass Window of the Cathedral- 2.5 €.
Metz Cathedral Opening and Closing Hours
- The Crypt and The Treasure - 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Sunday- 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
How To reach Metz Cathedral by Public Transport
- Bus no.: 103@Ars-sur-Moselle
- Bus no.: CG57@Augny
Restaurants Near Metz Cathedral
- La Cucina Di Casa
- Dauphine le
- Le Montecristo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.