Founded in the 1839, the museums of Metz actually occupy the four buildings that originally belonged to the Australasian Kings. Spread over 3500sq.metres of palatial land, the museum is organized and its exhibits have been distributed such that a visitor might feel like he or she is walking through a labyrinth. The museum, through its exhibits, spans the history of Metz- from its Gallic origins to its magnificent Roman prosperity. Some say the building is as interesting as its exhibits. Highlights include:
- History and archaeological museum
- The Medieval department
- The museum of Fine Arts
- Altar of the oriental God- Mithra
- Jupiter column of Merten
- Guided tours
Musee De La Cour D'or Travel Tips
- For special ticket rate consideration, carry the necessary documents.
- Afternoon would be a great time to explore. The place is less crowded.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee De La Cour D'or
- Students : 3.3 €
- Disabled : 1.5 €
- Free for those under 18 years of age.
- Free for all on the first Sunday of each month.
How to Reach Musee De La Cour D'or
- Bus no.: 5, 4, 3, A, 11, B, 2, 1@Republique.
- Au Coeur du Liban
- Dauphine le
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.36% of people who visit Metz include Musee De La Cour D'or in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
68.61% of people start their Musee De La Cour D'or visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Musee De La Cour D'or
62.6% of people prefer walking in order to reach Musee De La Cour D'or