The town square of Metz situated between St.Stephen’s Cathedral and the City hall. In the Eighteenth Century, modern architecture was growing along with modern art. The architecture of this place is a product of that revolution. The gothic architecture of the church has influenced this place too. Where there was the parliament before the revolution, now there are shops and houses. Highlights include:
- Celebration of Festivals
- Public rallies
- Fabert’s statue
- The lighting in the night.
- The magnificent building of Hotel Guardhouse.
Place D'armes Travel Tips
- If you go in the evening, you will catch this place in its liveliest form.
- After the sunset, wait for the new lighting system to kick in.
How to Reach Place D'armes
- Bus no.: 5, 4, 3, A, 11, B, 2, 1@Republique.
- Les Moulins Bleus
- Le Montecristo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.95% of people who visit Metz include Place D'armes in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
37.8% of people start their Place D'armes visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Place D'armes
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Place D'armes