Porte Des Allemands308 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Boulevard André Maginot, 57000 Metz, France Map
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-800891891
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Bridge, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
To the east of the city are the fortified city gates called The Doors of The Germans. It was used as a bridge from the 13th century to the 20th century. One of the greatest examples of medieval military architecture, these city gates make you wonder about the troubled times they were built in. The building is imposing and the bridge over the Seilleis an architectural wonder. Highlights include:
- The 2 towers that are relatively new
- The esplanade walk
- The inner and the outer gate
- The bridge
- The river view
Porte Des Allemands Travel Tips
- Prepare to walk 10 minutes from the cathedral.
- Carry an information leaflet, in case of absence of tour guides.
How to Reach Porte Des Allemands
- Bus no.: 13, 108, 12, 109, 1@Mazelle
- Bus no.: 13, 108, 12, 109, 1@Tanneurs
- L Escale
- Steinhoff Sandwichs
- Maestro Pizza METZ
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Porte Des Allemands Address: Boulevard André Maginot, 57000 Metz, France
- Porte Des Allemands Contact Number: +33-800891891
- Porte Des Allemands Timing: 02:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Porte Des Allemands(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Porte Des Allemands: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
53.85% of people who visit Metz include Porte Des Allemands in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
62.39% of people start their Porte Des Allemands visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Porte Des Allemands
67.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Porte Des Allemands
People normally club together Musee De La Cour D'or and Frac Lorraine while planning their visit to Porte Des Allemands.