Porte Serpenoise160 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 21 Avenue Robert Schuman, 57000 Metz, France Map
- Phone: +33-387390000
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
At the corner of Avenue Robert Schuman is a magnificent city gate of Metz. The construction began towards the end of the nineteenth century and the arc was built in the beginning of the 20th century. In its tumultuous past, Metz was surrounded by powerful enemies on all sides. So the building of walls and gates became a strategic necessity. Porte Serpenoise is a symbol of the resistance that Metz put up against those who tried to conquer the city. The angled shape of the arc can still prevent direct artillery attack. Now the premises are full of greenery and are fit for a stroll that will make you contemplate of the history of this place. Highlights include:
- The restored facades that have been assembled to become a ‘triumphal arch’ with turrets.
- A Children’s park
- The Night-lighting
- On either sides of the porch, on the two pillars are dates and information of the history of this place.
Porte Serpenoise Travel Tips
- You do not need a plan to visit this place. You can visit it on your way to the other attractions around the city.
Porte Serpenoise Hours
- Recommended time to visit between 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
How to Reach Porte Serpenoise
- Bus no.: 1,2,3,4,5,A,11,B@Correspondence
- Restaurant Palais Ming
- Le Petit Mona
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Metz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Metz and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Porte Serpenoise Address: 21 Avenue Robert Schuman, 57000 Metz, France
- Porte Serpenoise Contact Number: +33-387390000
- Time required to visit Porte Serpenoise: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
28.42% of people who visit Metz include Porte Serpenoise in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
36.36% of people start their Porte Serpenoise visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Porte Serpenoise
89.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Porte Serpenoise
People normally club together Gare De Metz-ville and Templar's Chapel while planning their visit to Porte Serpenoise.