National Museum Of Anthropology2914 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Av Paseo de la Reforma and Calzada Gandhi S / N, Polanco Chapultepec, Miguel Hidalgo, 11560 Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: 52-5540405300
- Ticket Price: 57 MXN
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
National Museum Of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia) - A Museum in Mexico City, Mexico. This is probably the second most visited destination in the city, and there’s nearly nothing bad to be said, only praises to be lavished. It’s Mexico’s most popular museum, and focuses on the Native American heritage of the country, both Aztec and Mayan. Exhibits include the famous Stone of the Sun, stone heads from the Olmec Civilisation, Mayan aretfacts, and even a layout of Tenochtitlan, the Aztec Capital on which Mexico City itself was built. The layout of the place is intelligent and the exhibits seem to flow from one to another, weaving a rich history for the viewer. And it’s massive. If you take your time, you could easily spend an entire day here.
National Museum Of Anthropology Travel Tips
- Prepare to spend 4 – 6 hours to cover everything.
- Wheelchairs available.
- There’s a nice restaurant and café on the ground floor.
- Check the shop next to the lobby for souvenirs.
- Audio guides available in English, Spanish and French.
- Tipping is not allowed.
How to Reach National Museum Of Anthropology
- Auditorio Metro Station
- Puerto Madero
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Mexico City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Mexico City and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.73% of people who visit Mexico City include National Museum Of Anthropology in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
43.54% of people start their National Museum Of Anthropology visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see National Museum Of Anthropology
85.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Anthropology