Visit Miami - Best of Miami
The minute you land here, Miami sucks you in with its Caribbean charm, its laid back yet stylish demeanour and childish eccentricity (find a lot of Miami tours to explore this "Magic City"). There’s peachy skin and picture perfect bodies all around you that make you feel like you are in a sepia-toned page right out of Vogue or from any celebrity filled magazine!
Life in Miami is a celebration of sun, sweat and sand. From the classy backyards of Fort Lauderdale club to the rustic neighborhoods of North Miami; Miami’s strengths lie in its imperfections. A city with an iconic wit and insatiable appetite for party, Miami will spoil you for choice when it comes to beach-lined bars and cafes.
Miami tourism is about letting your hair down, soaking the sun and choosing the Miami that is right for you. The one with splashy art galleries and swanky clubs or the one with laid back bars and cozy restaurants? You will probably need many trips to Miami to fully uncover her many layers.
So pout and pose at South beach or head to the recently re-opened Fontainebleau for some guiltless indulgences, your days in Miami are sure to get by in a blink. Legendary nightlife, warm sunny days and a subtle Cuban attitude await you at Miami. It is not wrong to say that Miami is the most loved and in a way the super star of Florida!
And if that is just not enough, try your luck with the Everglades alligators or revel in the company of beautiful birds at the Parrot Jungle island. Miami will exhaust you, then pick you up and throw you in its moronic, colourful and spectacular scenes till you are head over heels in love with this fantabulous landscape. Miami basically calls out to you to rejuvenate in a completely unconventional manner, if you are looking for that kind of a thing, literally no strings attached! Each one of you should visit Miami at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Miami.
Miami Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Miami tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Miami follows the Eastern Time zone. UTC: 05:00
- Currency: US Dollar ($)
- Electricity: Electric power is standardized in all states across the USA. It is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. If you bring any electrical appliance to the USA, you may need an adaptor to fit the US electrical receptacles. You may also need a converter to change the voltage from 110 volts to 220 volts.
- Languages: Although you will end up finding people speaking various languages here but english is the most widely spoken.
- Airport Transfers: (Flights from Miami) Miami International-Airport
Emergency Contact Numbers
- For emergencies please dial 911.
- For non-emergencies dial 305-4-POLICE.
- For general government information dial 311.
- State of Florida Emergency Information Line-800-342-3557
- Be careful with your luggage at all times - when you check-in and check-out at the airport and at your hotel.
- Keep your hotel door locked, and don’t leave any valuables in an easy-to-find place in your room.
- Avoid arguments with other drivers - Miami drivers officially have the worst road rage in the country.
- Keep your stuff handy while at the Beaches, people can easily pick it up.
- Do keep aside some time for a relaxing Miami spa that is famed to be signature pampering.
- Visit the Barnacle Historic State Park
- Eat food at the Red fish grill.
- Visit the Venetian Pool.
- For Hotels: Hotel porter toting your bags: $2 to $3 per bag• Doorman if he hails your cab: $2 to $5• Room service without gratuity included: 20 percent• Concierge: $5 to $15, depending on task difficulty• Hotel maid: $2-3 per night• Parking valet: $3-5 at pickup.
- For Restaurants, Bars and Pubs and Fast food: Restaurant wait staff: 13 percent to 20 percent of the bill• Takeout: $ 1 to 2• Tip Jars: depends on you.
- Taxi Cabs:10 to 15% of your fare.
- The organized tours in Miami are not of very high quality and are somewhat a waste of your money and time, so try to avoid.
- Beaches are over priced. If you do not want to spend too much, stick to Miami beach.
- Avoid talking to strangers in the bars. Before you know it, you might end up with a hefty bill.
- Lip to cheek contact is a common custom while meeting a new person in Miami.
- Miami is also known for adding gratuity on bills instead of having the patron do it himself. This happens especially when dining on the beach. Visitors will also notice that many times there is a " beach tax" added onto the bill as well.
- You'll find anything from cars zipping through lanes, to ones going way less than the speed limit.
- Check the availability of Miami tours from the list to book them online.
Do not forget to carry sunblock and sun-screen as it is a major beach destination.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Miami and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Miami- Know before you go to Miami
Facts and Stats for Miami*
Pollution Statistics in Miami
Know the pollution level of Miami before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 30 (Low)
Water Pollution 51.25 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 40.85 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 32.05 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 38.16 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 25.6 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 34.87 (Low)
Miami: Crime and Safety
How safe is Miami for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Miami.
Burglary and Theft 48.24 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 48.21 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 57.04 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 63.41 (High)
Car Stealing 48.93 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 57.09 (Moderate)
Attacks 47.14 (Moderate)
Drug offense 65.49 (High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 66.67 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 41.79 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 47.14 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 30.71 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 57.14 (Moderate)
Living in Miami - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Miami is 151.88 (Very High)
Safety Index 47.21 (Moderate)
Climate Index 85.67 (Very High)
Pollution Index 40.81 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 44.28 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 87.47 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 66.02 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 5.57 (Low)
Purchasing Power Index 92.44 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Miami
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Miami
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.13 USD
International Movie per seat 13 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 43.08 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 77 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 41.21 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Miami Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Miami
Miami Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Miami
30 Reviews Duration: 30 Mins
Get ready to zip through the tropical waters of Miami on this 30-minute high-speed jet boat ride. Your daredevil captain will...
USD 29.89Book Now
7 Reviews Duration: 1 Hrs
See Miami's magnificent skyline at night on the Miami Lights Evening Air Tour! Glide over moonlit Biscayne Bay and neon-lit d...
USD 164.99Book Now
2 Reviews Duration: 1 Hrs
Shoot machine guns and feel the adrenaline rush in a safe and controlled environment. Miami's premier machine gun experience ...
USD 143.29Book Now
2 Reviews Duration: 4 Hrs
Spend the morning or afternoon visiting Everglades National Park where you'll enjoy an exhilarating 1-hour air boat ride and ...
USD 75Book Now
More about Miami
8 Top Flea Markets In Miami For A Fun Shopping Experience!
Miami for shoppers has always been a fun affair. Its vast range of outlets, ranging from extravagant malls to modern beach boutiques and stores, ensure that you get plenty of indulgence immersing in its exclusive shopping scene. But amidst all that hustle and glamour, there is an another Miami that resides in the bustling alleys of its flea markets; one which not only offers an honest peek into the city's lifestyle but is tempting enough to draw hundreds of bargain hunters and shopaholics with its myriad items every day.From apparels, antiques to food and accessories, you can literally get everything here! If you are in Miami, a visit to these amazing flea markets is an absolute must. Check out the list below to see what all they have to offer and decide which one you would
Best Beaches In Miami
Miami being one of the favourite vacations spots in the USA, attracts millions of tourists each year, both from inside and outside the country. The city has long been famed for its bewitching beaches, colourful festivals, cheery locals and fusion cuisine! Though there are tons of things to do in Miami, visiting the famed beaches is considered to be one of the most enjoyable and primary motives of visiting the state of Florida! As there are countless number of beaches in the city, we have cut down on your work by compiling a list of some of the best beaches in Miami that will help you in gettin
10 Motels In Miami You Must Look Out For!
Also known as the "Magic City”, Miami can be an embracing experience for one and all. Given its wide array of things to do, this place draws visitors all through the year. If you are one of those who has been allured with its charm and are Miami-bound soon, but still contemplating where to stay in Miami, here is your cue. And no, there are no basic hotels and luxury resorts on this list, but something rather unconventional- Motels!Motels can be a great choice for many reasons. The foremost reason undoubtedly is the amount of money you save over choosing the usual hotels and resorts. Secondly, they offer you
- Cities Near Miami
- Fort Lauderdale Tourism
- Key Largo Tourism
- Clewiston Tourism
- Marathon Tourism
- Naples Tourism
- Fort Myers Tourism
- Sanibel Tourism
- Lauderdale Lakes Tourism
- Virginia Gardens Tourism
- Top cities from United States
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- University City Tourism
- Hamilton Township Tourism
- Culver City Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Barcelona Tourism
- Euston Tourism
- Stoke-on-trent Tourism
- Bucaramanga Tourism